Anybody watch "Nashville Star"?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by P. Aaron, Apr 7, 2003.

1. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Along the lines of "American Idol thoughts" thread.

These "stars" are allowed to perform (or have to) make it up the ladder on the strength of their own songwriting/performing. They're allowed alot more latitude on song style.

They get to accompany themselves on an instrument, as well as work with a "backing band". (probably pro-sidemen, from the sound of it)

I imagine they get rehearsal time with "the backing band", and production help. The reviewers are not as caustic as "Idol" either. IMO, some of these acts have jobs available to them whether they win or not.

This show is more likeable to me than "Idol". It just seems more musical
  2. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I agree. The show seems more credible than idol. (though it wouldn't suprise me if it's produced by the same people) A lot of the performers are actually singers and songwriters, not just someone who sang kareoke a few times, then they think they are a singer. I've only watched the show once. I really enjoyed the song selection.

Though I can't wait for the day when all reality shows die a fast and painful death.
  3. P. Aaron

I too am waiting for the revival of the intriguing Detective drama.
  4. bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    Nashville Star kicks ass. I even called in my vote.

My favorite was when the guy did his country version of Whitesnake.

What will tv be like without Reality shows?
  5. Nails

Jun 4, 2000
    Austin, Tejas
    Better. Unless Friends is still on the air, then it's a toss up.
  6. OnederTone

OnederTone Aguilar Everywhere Gold Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    I cought it last week... really thought it was "better" musicanship, but I gotta say that Idol is "better" entertainment- Better being subjective... I ain't seting Tivo for either of em... Star seems more genuine- it's a bit more humble... Idol is all about what's wrong with music... someone will someone else a celebrity....

Law and Order- Criminal Intent... and I dig Crossing Jordan- not a dective drama, but intresting...

Neither of them compare to Dead Zone on USA... it's the only thing I can't miss....
  7. P. Aaron