Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anybody wear....?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Psychobiker, Oct 5, 2002.

1. Guys,

I know this is completely pointless, but are there any TBers out there that wear Oakley sunglasses amd New Rock boots?

L

2. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    Thats all I wear. No bikini lines for me

3. doesnt everyone have a pair of oakleys? or at least an imitation. I got a pair of fake Oakleys off of a bum in washington dc for 10 bucks. I dont know what new rock boots are tho...

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Sounds kinda gay (not in the homosexual way).

brad cook

5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Sounds kinda off-topic.

6. "Oakley Doaleys, Fi-dollah fi-dollah!!"

I still remember the guys with sunglasses in their coats. It's funny.

No, I don't wear them. I have a pair of rimless that I think look a lot better.

Rock on
    Eric

7. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I had a pair of oakleys once....

As far as shoes goes.. I wear Birkinstocks and Ecco shoes.. expensive but comfy

8. no.. :p

:D:D

Merls

9. You're right, it is pointless.

And no, I don't.

10. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    I wear New Rock boots. The purple and black patent leather ones.

11. You mean happy?

As for the oakleys, no, I don't have hundreds of dollars to spend on sunglasses. I do have a prescription pair that I never wear though.

12. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    no i dont sorry.

Dont you just hate those people who wear sunglasses on their head over their nicely spiked blonde tipped hair?

13. No, not really.

14. Mathias_TfG

Mathias_TfG

Apr 28, 2002
    New York
    I do not own a pair of oakley's, be they real or fake. I do have a pair of John Lennon-style sunglasses that I got at the dollar store. As for the boots, I don't know what they are. I have a pair of hiking boots (purchased at payless for around $14) Equipment is expensive. I don't have the $ to spend on clothing - thats right.. i just wear the sunglasses and hiking boots. nothing else.

15. odie

odie Supporting Member

For some reason when I think of Oakleys I always picture a camero, mullet and some AC/DC.

16. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    yes, i wear new rock reactors and oakley splices ;)

17. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I've got a pair of reflective orange lensed Oakleys. They are the 'Standard' framed, Old manish type. Very normal, not the Camaro, Mullet style :)

I've had them for like 9 years. I wear them @ the Beach and in the Snow. Maybe 2 dozen times a year.

18. odie

odie Supporting Member

Not saying all Oaks look like the mullet type. But back in the day thats all they made.

19. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

I've known some Camaro driven, mullet headed, AC/DC listenin, futuristic boomerang shaped oakley wearin guys that you speak of :)

20. So we're on shoes now? I wear Vasque Clarion GTXs, which are very high quality hiking boots. Just in hikes thay have probably gone well over 500 miles, and in normal walking probably another 1000 or so (I walk a lot.) No decernable damage yet, thought the tread is starting to wear down a bit.

Rock on
    Eric