Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anybody with a sage green metallic bass? Help me pick a pickguard.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fourstringbliss, Jun 30, 2005.

1. 4-Layer Tortoise

29 vote(s)
    47.5%
  2. B/W/B

32 vote(s)
    52.5%
  1. I've got a sage green metallic MIA Fender Jazz coming in the mail and I can already tell I want to change the pickguard. Which would look better: 4-layer tortoise or b/w/b?

Attached are some pictures of sage green metallic. Sorry it's a g****r but the pictures of the bass are too big.

2. I'd say mint or parchment.

3. It comes with a W/B/W pickguard, but that's not so good. Maybe pearloid?

4. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    I think you'll need to provide us with some pictures. :D

Both are a good choice, it just comes down to personal preference.

I also thought of mint green if you want the "vintage white," look.

5. toad

toad

Jun 26, 2002
    NYC
    I think my family had a station wagon in that color in the late 70s. It looked good with black tires, so I voted b/w/b.

I want a precision in that color.

6. Robman

Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas
    Black pearloid or mirrored. I know the mirrored reeks of the 80's, but that's just me, I'm weird that way. A smoked mirrored p/g would be super sexy. :D

7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I put a white pearloid pickguard on my sage green metallic Jazz and it looks great. But between tortoise and b/w/b, I'd go with b/w/b. Tortoise wouldn't look right.

8. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    If I had a Sage Green Metallic Jazz Bass, it would have a tortoise shell p/g.

9. I added some pictures to my first post here. Sorry they're of a guitar but the pictures the guy sent me of the Jazz are too big. I tried to shrink 'em but it changed the quality. Just imagine that the Strat is a Jazz.

10. I think that's an Anderson, but here's my Mexi Strat with the parchment stuff. I don't think any other colour looks right.
    [​IMG]

11. slombovia

slombovia

Jul 15, 2003
    Utah
    I am a determined follower of Jesus Christ and am a Mormon.
    pick guards r 4 sissies

12. How about this pickguard?

13. How about this one?

14. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

My vote goes for Pearliod or Mint Green.

15. What about this green pearl pickguard?

16. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Cream or black pearloid looks good. The green looks like it would clash with the sage green.

17. I totally agree about the green pearloid! I don't know what I was thinking about putting that up there. To be honest, sage green metallic wouldn't be my first choice of color, but it's a trade. I might just want to sell it and make myself a Warmoth Jazz.

You think the cream pearl would look good, though?

18. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I can do some mockups with my 3D model - I'll probably get them posted tomorrow. :cool:

19. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    What the hell - I'll do it now. The picture might look a little rough because I turned off reflections, which speeds up the rendering process exponentially. What looked like sage green on my laptop is a little darker on this monitor, but YMMV.

White Pearloid
    [​IMG]

Tortoise Shell
    [​IMG]

Silver Blue Shell
    [​IMG]

Mint
    [​IMG]

Green (Happy St. Patrick's Day!)
    [​IMG]

Cream Pearloid
    [​IMG]

Blue Shell
    [​IMG]

Black Pearloid
    [​IMG]

Black (My favorite)
    [​IMG]

I also thought mint came out surprisingly well.

20. You rock! This was so helpful! I think I'll go with my original gut thought and go B/W/B. I really kind of want to toughen up the look and the pearls really just make it more sparkly.