Anyone add a mini-bucker to an Epi Eb0?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by neilshane, Aug 17, 2009.

1. neilshane

neilshane

Sep 21, 2007
    St. Louis
    I just got a used Epiphone Eb0. I traded several things that were given to me so it's like getting a free bass. Can't argue with that!

I was thinking it would be fun to add the following pickup near the bridge to get it closer to the Gibson SG bass - http://www.allparts.com/store/pickups-bass-pickups-pu-0419-010,Product.asp

Anyone ever done this? I think it would be fairly straight-forward. Route the new pickup slot, drill a hole from there to the existing control cavity, drill a hole for a new volume pot, screw the pot in and wire the pickup to the new pot and the existing tone pot.

Does that sound about right? What kind of pot do I need? Is there a good Gibson schematic that could help me out? Thanks a lot guys!

2. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Moved to Pickups.

3. neilshane

neilshane

Sep 21, 2007
    St. Louis
    Bump

4. honestjohnny

honestjohnny

Nov 24, 2006
    250K or 500K audio taper. 500 is typically used for humbuckers. Your choice though. Cheers!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021