1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

anyone addicted to speed?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by scorpionldr, Sep 27, 2006.

1. I'm not talking about the drug. I mean when you sit down in front of your PC, do you just have a random habit of listening to entire albums of bands played twice the speed they should be played in? Latley I'm doing it with everythig. lol tommy the cat by primus is hilarious at twice the speed

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Can't say that, but I like going fast :)

3. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Yeah, I do that a lot as well...I tend to not have the patience to list to an entire song all the way through, so it's perfect for me.

4. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Speed kills!

5. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

I am a tortoise.

6. fryBASS

fryBASS

Aug 8, 2006
    New Haven, CT
    yeah i do it sometimes its funn

7. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    No, that's what I have metal for.

8. How do you play a song at a different speed? What program you use?

9. 69nites

69nites

Jul 11, 2006
    Chicago
    You can do it with windows media player

go to now playing

then click on the little thing in the corner where you can change your visualizations
    then go to enhancements

then play speed

10. nah, no cultural influence on it yet. If there was we'd have to come to the point where we're playing all our music backwards first.

I'm just addicted to playing fast music/listening to something played past a logical speed.

11. 69nites

69nites

Jul 11, 2006
    Chicago
    There are some songs that honestly sound a little better if you speed them up or slow them down a little LoL

12. lol i've been toying with the idea of ripping entire albums and setting them up so when i play them the entire album is played backwards in my stereo. just need the software now to change WMA to MP3 to WAVE.
    Besides, playing music fast is fun. What's even more crazy is taking all the original songs you wrote and stringing different verses and choruses together as your playing them; really trains the entire band to be able to adapt with any situation.

13. Haha!

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021