1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone been in contact with Dr Bass lately??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Scotius2001, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Just wondering if anyone here is actually having any luck with email comms to Dr Bass. I've sent 7 in the last 2 months regarding some drivers he Marc owes me and the only reply I got (over a month ago) said he'd "get right back to me". I've sent 5 since then to no replies. Anybody know what's going on with them??

2. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner Commercial User

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner
    I couldn't get him to reply either, so in cap letters in the subject line I wrote MARC CHECK YOUR EMAIL+ my info. He replied after that. Just call him.

There's no AC at the shop. He's doing very well. His DRB1260 just got top honors in a 1x12 shoot out w/a major bass mag. If you're thinking about getting a cab now is the time to get your order in.;)

3. Funny, I figured since in the past he's always been pretty quick to reply when I had a question about a cab I was interested in, I titled my last email "New Cabinet Inquiry" but that didn't work either.

I just feel that providing an email address and not replying to email is like posting your business phone number and never answering the phone. Good communication is PARAMOUNT to good business IMO and I'm souring to doing business with him again because of this. I shouldn't have to spring for a long distance phone call just because he won't answer emails especially when he's promised me a delivery that fell through WEEKS ago and he never updated me afterward. Frustrating...

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Anyone who has to spring for a long distance call in this day and age needs to renegotiate their phone plan.

5. Thanks for the tip ;) In the mean time, It'd sure be nice if Dr. Bass would use the medium he's provided to his customers presumably to better enable them to communicate with him. Why bother making that available if you're not going to use it? From what we've heard here on TB, he seems to have ample time to talk to people on the phone about cabs so 2 minutes to answer an email about a failed transaction shouldn't be a stretch...

6. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner Commercial User

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner
    Leave a tele message on his machine this weekend to respond to you via email, and have a fresh email for him tues morning.

At least Marc answers some of the emails and he always answers the phone.

Try contacting LowDownSound for a cab:eyebrow:, Don makes wonderful custom cabs but you'll get zero email response and you have to call on the right day and hour to catch the man. I never could catch him.

7. Update on this situation - by sending a PM to Chuck from Dr Bass, Marc got wind of my situation. Evidently, all my emails (and presumably those of other people here) have been going into a bulk mail folder he didn't even know he had thus the lack of replies. A comedy of errors left the speakers that were supposed to drop ship from Selenium to me sitting in his shop for the last month when he thought I'd already received them :eek:

He was profusely appologetic and all is forgiven but just wanted you guys to know that if you're sending him emails and he's not responding, it's because they were getting lost in the system. I get the impression he's in the process of correcting that issue...