1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone been scammed by Paypal on ebay?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by albass111, Mar 31, 2006.

1. albass111

albass111

Feb 13, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    I sold an Ampeg SVT 4 pro on ebay today and the high bidder has zero feedback. I received verified funds from paypal, but the guy seems a little fishy as he already left his feedback, and seems to be pretty kiss ass. I've requested the deposits, but it takes three or four business days, so if I ship the item, and the credit card is fradulent, I'm SOL.

Bottom line, zero feedback, with verified funds and address, what are my prospects? Am I being paranoid?

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    With all the resources in LA, it's a shame you had to turn to eBay. I stay away from people with no feedback. Yeah, I understand you have to start somewhere, but come on people, go out and buy a bunch of $2 beanie babies and stuff like that first. Don't make your first deal a $1000 bass amp.

You can still get scammed if the CC is fraudulent. Return the PayPal, and ask to him send a USPS money order. You can cash it at your local post office.

-Mike

3. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Simply don't ship until the funds are cleared and in your hands. A zero feedback seller would HAVE to understand you doing that.

4. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Yep, what the cheesy one said! :p

5. whitedk57

whitedk57

May 5, 2005
    Franklin, NC
    Is this what you're saying?

• You received the money in your PayPal account
    • You then transferred the money to your bank account, and it will take a few days to land in your bank account

If this is the case, you're fine. Your PayPal account is like a bank itself. If it has reached your PayPal account then you are in possession of the guy's money. If this is true, you can ship it.

6. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    According to Paypal's policy as long as you don't charge extra for Paypal fees, and ship to a verified address you're under their protection. I don't know how easy it is to deal with a claim, but it's in their terms of service.

Just go to Paypal and read what type of seller protection they provide.

7. albass111

albass111

Feb 13, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    THANKS EVERYBODY.

I think that I will wait until the funds are in my account. This seems like the best scenario. For some reason, I do not have buyer protection on this paypal transaction.

thanks.