Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone Been Sick Lately???

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by NJL, Nov 21, 2002.

1. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    I have been sick for the past week and a half.

First, cough and sore throat (lasted a week, even had a few gigs playing some lead on Trumpet, one was outdoors in Austin - cold, cold)

Then, that went away and a few hours later, dry, dry throat.

The next morning, puke and the stomach craps.

Fever of 101.3 for two days.

Take your Flu shots kiddos!!! I haven't had it this bad in about 15 years.

peace!!;)

2. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    That's right...get them flu shots NOW. It's not too late!!!!

3. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    BTW, I make the stuff.

4. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    r u serious?

what's in it?

5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Yeah - I've been at the MIMF website, lately. Seeing how creative people/luthiers have to monitor their tongues makes me nauseated.

The Nazi bitch, with serious personality control issues who runs the site, makes Iraq look like a free-for-all, freedom-of-speech, democracy.

That site should get ads from Pepto-Bismol because there are so many talented people there biting their tongues or choosing to stay away.

6. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    did i miss somthing?:confused:

7. rickbass

Well, it makes me sick! And you wanted to know.

More seriously and less on a personal agenda - I was just in to get a spinal injection from the pain mgt doc this morning in the Orthopaedic Dept at a local private clinic.

Every other dept. on the floor was pretty quiet except for Gen. Medicine. The reason they said was that we've have a mild intro to winter and that flu, crazy spores, and mildew, are wreaking havoc and generating more business than they can see in a couple of weeks.

So, I guess you're not alone.

8. I'm in the second phase of what seems to be the same sore-throat/cough thing, that turns into mondo congestion and dry throat dealy going on. Before this, I had the stomach cramps, almost pukage thing going on...it was like every time I tried to take more than a very shallow breath I'd almost lose it all. I ended up not eating for four and a half days...boy howdy, that was a trip.

So, obviously, there's a lot 'o sickly people around here right now.

All you sick-o's get better, though.

-Dave

9. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    I had a cold for a week till yesterday, feeling allright now :)

I never get sick, I hadn't on two years and them BAM! last week happened...

temperatures changing around here

10. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    do you have a bad back?

11. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    I've fortunately managed to avoid it, but a lot of people I know have a really nasty, lingering cough.

12. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    when i was sick, i was still sleeping next to my old lady. she hasn't gotten sick at all!!!!! :mad:

i told her she is a carrier! just like that fu*#ing monkey on the movie Outbreak!!

:D

13. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I get sick (usually just a headcold) about a week after I fly in an airplane, EVERY FREAKIN' TIME. Nothing like being locked up in an aluminum tube breathing recirculated germy air for hours at a time.

14. rickbass

Big time, nojazz. I was flying back in a Cessna dual prop from a stand-in gig for a July 4th festival. The landing prop on one side wouldn't come down all the way due to a hydraulics problem and we had to land on the wing on one side.

Consequently, I lost my pre-CBS Precis I had onboard with me because I never let it out of my sight. It became practically worthless. It looked fine, externally, but the old, dried, `63 wood developed disasterous internal cracks.

My L-5 and L-6 lumbar spine vertebra cracked due to the stress of the emergency landing on a wing. But that's okay - my sorrow is really about my ancient Precis.

NOTE: I also had my ash/rock maple Lakland Skyline 55-02 in that plane, housed in a simple SKB 66 case - it survived the landing without a scratch!!

15. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    man, screw the basses. at least you're alive.

i have a herniated (sp?) L-5. i had a siatica (sp?) for a while. it's a pain in the ass. i told my doctor to send me to the OR for my back and she said "NO!"

she sent me to rehab.

it fixed me 98%!

you're issue is a lot worse. bummer, dude..:(

16. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    Ha ha! I'm the opposite - my gf has been sick for two weeks now, but I haven't caught it yet...

17. odie

odie Supporting Member

MIMF website???

18. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    Musical Instrument Makers' Forum
    www.mimf.com

19. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Been sick since last Friday. Its getting better though. Damn sickness, its not flu though.

20. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Had something. Came home from school with a fever of 104, the shivers, and aches and pains. Then terrible dry mouth. Lasted about 4 days, not very much fun at all.