anyone been to Graceland?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by dancehallclasher, Dec 10, 2002.

1. my guitarist and i were thinking of making the 13-hour trek sometime this week. we really don't know where we'll stay or why we want to do it. we don't even particularly like elvis... it just seems like one of those things you have to do sometime in your life.

so did anyone go? what were your experiences?
  2. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    if you descide to go let me know and i will give you a rundown of things you must do while in memphis....

for the record i lived there for 18 years and never went to graceland!
  3. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Haha... I live outside Memphis, and though I've been here for 17 years, I have never been to Graceland. Things to do in town:
    Beale Street. Duh.
    Rock and Soul Museum(downtown, great exhibit)
    Sun Studios
    Cooper Young District
    Plenty of other stuff to do, especially for those over 21. Ask away if there's anything you'd like to know about Memphis DHC.
  4. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    It really takes 13 hours to get from Virginia to Memphis?
    Man, I must have been driving faster than I thought, cause it only took 16 to get there from Rochester NY.

The only part of Memphis we saw was Memphis Motorsports Park, for the NMCA finals in '97.
  5. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    dhc .. come to my house.. i live in memphis.. sort of.. never been to graceland.. ive seen pictures though..
    ive driven past it.. we can listen to some good vinyl music.. and you can show me some stuff on the 4 banger.. ehh if you want.. well goodluck on your trip
    if you go.. just be ware of the impersonators