Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone been to Jamaica?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Vox Populi, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    I'm hopelessly addicted to world travel, and I do it as much as possible. I've been to The Bahamas, but never to Jamaica. Usually I go to Europe every summer, but I might be looking to mix it up this year. I've always wanted to visit Jamaica, and the price for a flight is pretty cheap.

For the people who've been there, is it possible to survive there on a "backpacker's budget"? This is what I'm used to doing in Europe. We usually spend a month, and sleep in Hostels (or sometimes in night trains or train stations). Are there availible Hostels in Jamaica? also, is there enough to do there to justify spending a month there? I know it's a small island.

And just to throw it out there, what are some other places you'd reccommend besides Jamaica? Anywhere in the world I mean, as long as a flight isn't outrageously expensive.

2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Where in Europe have you been?

3. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    Well, I've travelled pretty extensively in Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Italy, and Spain. There are a ton of places I'd like to visit over there still. I will go again if I have the budget. I'm waiting for my tax return to see how much I'll have.