Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone bought from Zzounds?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Vox Populi, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    I purchased a Peavey Millennium BXP 4 string from them two weeks ago, and it hasn't even shipped yet. After playing one in the local music store and liking it, I checked the 'net for a better deal. Zzounds has them for $179 with no tax or shipping.

Has anyone else bought from them? I mean, it's taking forever. To be fair to them, they've been really helpful, according to their support people it's a problem on Peavey's end. Peavey hasn't shipped them the new BXPs yet. They expected them on March 5th, but they never came...

2. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    My father bought me an amp from Zzounds for X-mas last December. It was damaged in the box, probably from a fall flat on its side (there was no evidence of damage on the un-opened box). I had the replacement at my doorstep before I even had the chance to send the old one back (on them, of course).

3. I've purchased a few minor items from zZounds and have no complaints. Everything arrived just as expected and in a timely fashion.

4. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Yeah, I like Zzounds. They have incredibly fast shipping when they're not backordered.

5. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I've ordered many times from zzounds, and they've always been good people

sorry to hear about your situation!

6. odie

odie Supporting Member

Ordered twice from them. First no problem. The second was new cords and patch cables(6 pack). The patch cables were back-ordered for two weeks, then another week, then another two weeks.

Finally I call really make a fuss. They say I can order the patch cables individually for twice the price or wait. I ask "why" not just give me the 6 individual ones for the price of my six pack. We piss back and forth. Woman on the phone was like a robot. Showing no emotion to how frustrating this could be. Finally I say "give me your manager". We talk, he doesnt get the point finally he gives in.

Took seven weeks to get patch cords, and they still charged me extra to ship a back order even though it was supposed to be free with the original order. JERKS!!

So for me it is a mixed bag. Good fast service. Just dont order patch cables. :) ;)

7. HooBass

HooBass

May 27, 2003
    NC
    I've bought (through my wife and in-laws, no less) some minor stuff, the most major of which was a $200 mixer.

I've been very content, and to me more importantly my wife has been impressed and is now less reluctant to buy me stuff.

HooBass

8. membranophone

membranophone

Mar 19, 2000
    Madison, WI
    I ordered an Akai Deep Impact from them when they were selling at $140. A few weeks later, when MF started selling them for $99 by phone order only, Zzounds gladly refunded the difference. Great service.

9. BTBbassist

BTBbassist join us for mankala hour!

Apr 20, 2002
    Westlake Village, CA
    Hi
    I ordered a bass from zZounds in a hardshell case. Upon delivery, the case had quite a hole in it, but the bass was not damaged. I gave them a friendly call, asking them to send a new case. I told them that the bass was fine, but they insisted to send out a new bass because it could have been adversely affected by the shipping trauma.

Needless to say, the package came again within a few days with a letter inside apologizing for the inconvienance. So, yes, I would recommend zZounds. Pretty good prices too.

kevin

10. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Haven't bought anything major, like a bass/amp from them. But I have bought several hundred bucks of stuff from them - 1st class outfit all the way, IME.

They took back an expensive Boss pedal I didn't care for and treated me well.

Also, they were one of the early supporters of Talkbass with their ads.