Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone brak off knobs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Trevorus, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I keep on doing to it my GK head, and it drives me insane. It is very easy to get new ones, but it still drives me crazy. Anyone know of a good rack case for it? It's the 1001RB.

2. Rhythmalism

Rhythmalism

Sep 25, 2004
    I turn my knobs as if I'm visiting the tone gods, very carefully and methodically. Plus I only gig my bedroom, it's harder to cause damage.

3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    "Anyone brak off knobs? "

Not only are you breaking off knobs, but you're breaking off vowels... ;)

Any quality rack case will work...SKB, etc. Less expensive SKB style cases are available from Rondo Music (the Essex (SX) and Brice bass people) www.rondomusic.net or from Sam Ash (and probably others)...

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I break the things in transport, and I don't even know how. i make sure to keep it away from anything that could cause damage. It's only really happened about twice. I just ordered my new pots from GK, and some new knobs. I am going to look into the rack case, and I need to find the rack ears, or make some myself. I guess I'll just give Lonnie a call again. Get the rack ears that way.