Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone Build Speaker Cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassmantele, Nov 10, 2003.

1. bassmantele

bassmantele

Jul 22, 2003
    Boston MA USA
  2. There's the Len Moskowitz cab again. It gets mentioned a lot around the web and on this site. Len never meant it to be that way, you know.

About a dozen (at least) members here build their own cabinets, including me. See my signature. Most of them will agree with me that the cabinet you mentioned is nice, but has very limited practical use. It is inefficient, to say the least, and has a low maximum SPL. Perhaps it'll let you get by in an acoustic jazz combo, like Moskowitz himself, but a heavy rock or metal band will require several to dozens of those cabinets.

3. fleadom of bass

fleadom of bass

Nov 10, 2003
    usa
    lowdownsound.com is a great custom cab maker out of michigan

4. Are you thinking of building a bass cab?
    If so, give some more info on what you like. ie: What head would you be using with it? How many watts? What sort of bass sounds do you like, deep low bass? transparent? warm and compressed?

Different designs and speakers will give different results.

5. Get software free:

http://www.linearteam.dk/

It's not that bad to build really. Once you figure the box size, based on your speaker, it's just a little woodworking, which it sound's like you've done.

Check my website to see a picture of mine.