Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone built a Mighty Mite bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by philthygeezer, Apr 13, 2004.

1. philthygeezer

philthygeezer

May 22, 2002
    How'd it turn out?

2. philthygeezer

philthygeezer

May 22, 2002
    bump for dayshift.

3. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    I would like to see this answered, because I have no idea what a 'mighty mite' bass is! Hope it is cool :bassist:

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Mighty Mite is a parts company. They build inexpensive guitar parts, and I have heard good things aobut them. I wana hear how they are.

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I've heard pretty good things about their necks, but nothing about their bodies. I assume they'd be pretty good, but overall pretty heavy. And of course I would wire the thing with Dimarzios. Their electronics seem way too good to be true (only have experience through a friend who hated his guitar humbuckers.) Their hardware seems fine because they don't make any of it I believe. I have my Precision bass wired with Mighty Mite pots, switches and knobs and they work great!

6. toytech

toytech

Mar 22, 2004
    San Leandro
    My frankenfretless has a Mightymite jazz bass body, stew mac p bass neck, vintage nos schallers, active Seymour Duncan j pickups (the ones with the little dip switches for eq right on the pickup) and a Leo Quan badass 2, it came out great and only cost me about 350 to purchase all the parts on ebay. I paid about 50 bucks for the body, it had one blem on the back and it is nice and heavy (I like heavy bodies for the sustain). Not to good for slapping though as their is not much room under the strings for the pop. but i never slap or pop on my fretless anyway.

7. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    I haven't built a Mighty Mite bass but I did put together a Mighty Mite guitar (Strat) several years ago for a player. The neck joint was clean and fairly tight (it did pass the business card test). The fret job was good although the neck did have a few frets with sharp edges on the fret ends that had to be filed (maybe wood shrinkage?) but the frets were leveled nice. Not sure about the quality of wood grains (the guy had the body painted) but it had a great sound. I haven't priced them lately but based on what the guy payed, they were priced very affordable. They certainly don't offer the number of options that Warmoth does but I would be comfortable putting together a traditional P or J bass with their stuff.

8. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    I've got one, and it's a Tone machine.
    The First Valenti-Mighty-mite J body, and J neck. Basslines J's. Sounds amazing. Everything is great quality, and fits together nicely. Mightymite is a great deal.

9. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    ive played corts with 2 band mighty mite and there ok nothing speciel but fairly good for the price.

10. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses