1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone buy from pickguard heaven?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by brovaltine, Aug 9, 2012.

1. brovaltine

brovaltine

Aug 8, 2012
    NJ
    I just purchased a pickguard from wd music for my 1995 MIM Jazz Bass. When I received it the spacing for the pick ups was off (too much space in some places, too little in others). I found that this website http://pickguards.us/price_jazzbass.html has specifically a 1995 MIM 10 screw option. Has anyone dealt with them before? Has anyone had experience with the specific model I'm talking about?

Thank you for your help.

2. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    Not surprised to hear about someone having difficulties with WD Music - my one and only purchase with them was a terrible experience - I have nothing good to say about the company, nor their products... Here's one of their PG's for an American Standard Jazz that had to be returned:

IMAG0160.

I personally haven't ordered from Pickguard Heaven yet, but have one of their PGs on one of my basses, and it is perfect... I also have read nothing but good things about them, and am definitely going to order from them in the future...

- georgestrings

3. packhowitzer

packhowitzer 155mm of pure destruction

Apr 20, 2011
    Atlanta
    I ordered a BWB (black white black) pickguard for my 08 Geddy Lee jazz from PG heaven.

It is a beauty and was a wonderful fit. Here's the deal--

I called mine in as a phone order. I talked to a very nice lady who sounds like she does all the administrative stuff for the company. She took my info over the phone. And then I waited. It was about 4 weeks- just like their website says. (and if you don't know- the Geddy Lee has a slightly different PG shape than other jazz basses- I found that out the hard way prior to ordering from PGH).

But when the PG arrived, it was totally worth the wait- It fit very well, and really transformed the look of my bass. I would definitely order from them again. It's too bad that you can't order from them directly from the site. In fact I talked to the woman about that- she said it would be too much of a hassle to change how they manage their ordering process- I'm not fully convinced, but hey, it's not my business.

I would say that unless you need the PG tomorrow, order from them with complete confidence. just my .02
    rock on.

4. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY Supporting Member

I bought one from pg heaven for my G-3. Near perfection; it took a long time to arrive, it was around Christmas and they had become busy with orders. When I emailed them, they responded promptly and explained. All in all, I was satisfied.

5. kentiki

kentiki

May 14, 2008
    I purchased a custom pickguard from them and was very satisfied. I called and explained what I needed and they were very helpful. It wasn't the cheapest, but was exactly what I wanted.

Also, I don't know if they are allowed to advertise it but, they make pickguards for a several guitar and bass manufacturers.

6. Guygrooves

Guygrooves Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Tampa Florida
    I bought from them as well and had no issue...Thankfully!