1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone buy Sadowsky Blue Label Steels in the past week or so?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by drpepper, May 29, 2011.

1. How's the E string?

I ordered two sets, and the E strings on both were as dead as can be.

I've never had a dead new string before, so after putting the first one on and finding the problem with it, my first inclination was to look at the bass, wondering if I had caused a bad twist or some other problem. I couldn't find anything, so I tried it on another bass. Same problem. I took the E string out of the second set, and it was the same.

Thursday before last, I contacted Sadowsky about the problem and was pleased with a response saying nothing more than "That's odd, sorry" and replacements would be sent out "right away." They didn't ask, but this past Monday, I sent the defective strings back on my own dime.

On Wednesday, I got a note thanking me for returning the strings, and I used that opportunity to check on the status of the replacements, which I hadn't seen yet. I was told they may not have gone out until Monday, so I should be getting them shortly.

With yesterday being the last possible delivery date for the week, my strings are still not here.

I'm kind of cheesed off now and have been stewing on the whole thing, being that it's now a week and a half later. I should have had my replacement strings early last week. From NY to MD, UPS Ground is one day and USPS is two days.

Stewing and being ticked, I've started wondering if there's not some bigger problem here. How big are batches of strings anyway?

2. I know it's taking longer than you had hoped, but they will take care of you. I wouldn't be surprised if they send you 2 new complete sets for your troubles.

Cheers,
    LR

3. adivin

adivin

Jul 9, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I buy strings and accessories from Sadowsky and must admit they are not too swift. Room for improvement there.

4. Thanks for the input guys. Admittedly, I'm more ticked at the circumstance than is probably called for.

As far as getting two complete sets of strings goes, it really sounded like they were just talking about sending E strings. That's all I expect or want. Complete sets would still leave me short two E strings.

I don't know how small of a number of strings can be bad, but I guess it's a good sign that no other TBers have replied about getting dead strings also.

5. bass12

bass12 Say "Ahhh"... Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    The last thing I ordered from Sadowsky was a Portabag and set of strings. They arrived two or three days after I placed the order (NY to Montreal).