anyone care to play? (drumtrack included)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bosch, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Bosch

Aug 12, 2005
    Hi everyone,

I’m a Fusion(Shred) Guitarplayer from The Netherlands (Europe ;) ).

This is what I do: Save as: Naumburg.mp3

I wonder if anyone of you would like to play and record a basstrack for me? I have uploaded a really cool drumtrack played by Neil Conti (drumkit from hell). Normally I work with bass-samples, but it would be so great to have a real bassplayer doing the job. What better place to look than the Talkbass-forum!?! Consider it a musical www-joint venture.

The drumtrack: Save as: [Neil_Conti_Groove_2.mp3]

My request is to play it in your own style (Slap/Jaco-style would be cool :D ), but with some structure: for instance: 4 bars Am, 8 bars C13, etc. Whatever you think is appropriate for the drum track.

I hope some of you like the idea and have the software plus web skills to upload or email a version. Eventually I will load your work in Cakewalk and add fusion guitar solos and post it here.

Kind regardz,

2. That's a nice groove. I'll work on it tonight. When I imported it, it came in at 120 BPM. Is that the tempo you wanted, or did my system just import it at the standard tempo?
  3. Bosch

Aug 12, 2005
    Allright! :cool:

In Cakewalk the beat appears to 've been played at 105bpm. but if it sounds ok, it probably is :D

Jaco P./Les Claypool ... in Am or such ... Give it a go!

4. 120 sounded fast. That's why I asked. I will back it down to 105. This will be fun. It would be interesting to hear all of the different variations you will get.

By the way. I will be using GarageBand on my Mac. I should be able to send just the bassline as well as the bassline/drum track.
  5. Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    Very melodic! You have a good ear.

Nice bike too.
  6. Bosch

Aug 12, 2005
    Anyone got a bassline? :cool:
  7. I didn't get to it this weekend. I will try to get one in there tonight.
  8. Bosch

Aug 12, 2005
  9. I've been messing with the drum track a bit.. I might recording something tonight..

Do I get a cut of CD profits?? JK :)
  10. capcom

Mar 23, 2005
  11. This thread is a great idea.

Collaborative/"open source" music composition.

The beginning of a trend that's immune to everything we hate about the politics and economics of music today. Hooray!
  12. Bosch

Aug 12, 2005
    :cool: :cool: :cool:

Smoking! :bassist:

Thanx a lot!!!

@ geoffkhan
    Your bass.mp3 is killer and very usable! Could you e-mail me the solo-bassline so I can insert your bass in Cakewalk and mix it with the drums? (Your bass sounds very good and warm so I have to upgrade the drumsounds).

@ capcom
    Your Capcom_-_Bosch_Project_01__15-08-05___without_Phaser_.mp3 sounds cool to! I like the mix between (greater) intervals and bends.

I tried both mp3's, but gotta say that geoffkhan bassline is most excellent and very good for my kinda playing. I also prefer his basssound. So I'm going to work on geoffkhans bassline. (Hope that's ok with you capcom? :bag: ). I hope to record this weekend and post the results here.

Thanx again guys.

@ gsys
    I totally agree!

Here's a track I made the same way:

13. capcom

Mar 23, 2005
    I liked and even myself would chose geoffkhans's groove also.
    It is more melodical and harmonically richer then my groove.

Anyway here is the original recording that i made 1 month ago: (here the sound is more well rounded)

By the way i listened to the "Chromatic Wisdom" song. Congratulations it is very nice. and your drummer friend is very good.
  14. I can't figure out the rapidshare thing. I can't find the song to download once I get there. It isn't working for me.
  15. Bosch

Aug 12, 2005
    @ capcom
    Cool! I checked your mp3. The bass is cooler on this one. The drums on the other hand are pretty sloppy :smug: When I've got time i'll get you a better drumtrack for this one. What bpm is it?

@ crhoton
    Scroll down, click FREE and wait till the link appears. (Found that out myselves today :D )
  16. elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi

I was going to try and record some stuff for you, but then my mother yelled and said it was dinner-time, so I had to go. But since I had the gear hooked up, I figured I had to record something, and it turned out a bit cool in the end. Here it is, with the drum track and a bit of auto wah; and here is the clean bass track.

Let it at least serve as a warning to others, eh? :)
  17. Cool, thanks! I'll try to get you the clean bass track as soon as I'm feeling well again (I'm on my 2nd day of having my wisdom teeth taken out). You can always send me an email at gregjazz at gmail dot com, if you need to remind me.