1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone change a neck on a Tacoma?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ggunn, Feb 21, 2008.

1. ggunn

ggunn

Aug 30, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I'm really rethinking this fretless thing. I bought my Tacoma fretless for campfire/back porch jams, and I like the mwah thing, but it's my only fretless bass and I just don't play it enough to get what I would call proficient at it.

OK, truth time. Alcohol is usually a factor in such sessions, and after listening to some recordings I have made of them on my Edirol (great little gizmo, BTW), I often am ruefully asking myself why someone didn't take that bass away from me after my fourth beer.

So anyway, it's a bolt on neck, so it shouldn't be that big a deal to get a fretted neck and swap them out. Anyone done that?

2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I haven't swapped out the neck on my Tacoma, but I've removed it in order to install a shim for setup. It's easy-peasy, even easier than most bolt-ons since it's got threaded anchors in the neck. You just have to get your hands on a neck from Tacoma, I don't think an off-the-shelf Fender knock-off neck will fit.