anyone check out the new epifani amps & combos?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mark Sacchetti, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Curious to hear if anyone who went to NAMM got a chance to play or see them.

Do you know what the prices will be for the line?

2. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    I would love to hear from someone who checked out the Epifani gear too!
  3. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Thanks Joker! The Epifani gear looks incredible from everything I've read ... including your review of the Epifani bass Amp Prototype. are they officially released yet?
  4. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

they should be available after NAMM. when Nick gets back from the show, i'm supposed to get one of the first 500's that roll off the production line.

i did have a chance to play the finished production line 500, and when i'm not swamped with work, i'll get back to this thread.
  5. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    another FYI,

i just spoke with nick, and he said they're also releasing an Epifani power amp. it's two rack, class D, weighs 19 lbs., and has a couple of performance enhanced features that he's not yet privy to tell.

here's a pic from the Groove Shoppe. ontop, you can see the new solid state two channel preamp, which looks just like the 500 head, and underneath the power amp Nick spoke of.

looks like it'll be smokin'!

6. mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Dang Joker... looks very cool! Couple questions when you get a chance:

1. Neither of the 2 amps (500 or 900) has a fan, right?

2. How would you compare the Epi amp to your Kern setup? I use a Kern + QSC PLX-2402, and love the thick/phat tone of the Kern, but am thinking about down-sizing. Any insight into how the Epi sounds in terms of (i) thickness, and (ii) response would be cool.

3. Any idea if the Epi power amp has a fan? And its power rating?

4. Last one (promise)... can you run 1 bass into 1 of the 2-channel amps' inputs, and use the footswitch to just switch between the two channels (and their different EQs)? Or is each channel hard-wired to one of the inputs?