1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone coming to Austin for SXSW??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Jimmy4string, Mar 1, 2016.

1. whatizitman

whatizitman

Sep 9, 2014
    To showcase? Or just to see music, etc...? I'm doing neither this year I'm afraid. If im in town with family during sxsw we typically try to at least get to auditorium shores. Got to see Spoon last year. Always a treat! When I lived there I would try to get time off to see stuff during the day. I was always too poor for wristbands, though. But there is always someone noteworthy playing somewhere - you just have to find out in time. Saw X one year.

2. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    I've been twice and loved it, but I'm not going this year. I will soon, I want my wife to experience it. Also, one of my old buddies lives there.

Jimmy4string likes this.
  3. Yeah what we typically do is register for all the free parties (if you are going google 'Free SXSW parties) and go eat and drink the free stuff. I had a girl freind that would actually make us a spreadsheet at times. Also love to see the bands from all over the world! usually we are beset by about 6,000 bands and an extra 300,000 people it is madness!

GregC likes this.
  4. Frank Tuesday

Frank Tuesday

Jul 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'll be there, but I'm only about 5 miles from downtown. I've got my list of 40 artists I want to see (more to add) and will see as many as possible. Outside of those, I'll be at home.

Jimmy4string likes this.
  5. Hey Frank, what do you play in math patrol?

6. Frank Tuesday

Frank Tuesday

Jul 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Keys. I've played bass for 25 years, but I started having some hand problems. My fretting hand cramps up after 10 minutes. It must be the squeezing motion, because I can play keys for hours with no problem.