Anyone compare Schroeder to Accugroove?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BigMikeW, Jul 24, 2005.

1. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds
    I live near Yorg so I might want to test his stuff at the same time as the AG's Anyone else here A/B them?
  2. joeyhimself

Jul 17, 2005
    Yeah, check the mega-thread. And I think it's Jorg, but I'm not entirely sure.
  3. Good luck with that mega thread!!!!! I stopped reading and following it after it got to like 600 posts!!!! I have the El Whappo and I have played a 1210.......after gassin for one after the mega thread!!! A good cab and a good design, I preferred the slant facing you 2......very colored cab with a definite bump in the mids.....not my cup of tea compared to the EW but Jorg is definitely a good guy from what I hear.....good cab at what it does.....loud as hell and throws a mile!!!

4. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    It's pronounced 'Yorg', but spelled Jorg.

I haven't had the opportunity to try an Accugroove yet.
    I'd like to and hope to.

I did own a Bergantino HT322 for a year with the same equipment shown in my sig.

Where the Schroeder cabinets shine is in a live band gig.

I had the opportunity to try out my 410 before I bought it (thanks to bassjam, Brian Barrett, and Jorg).
    I played through it at an outdoor gig with a rock band I was in at the time. I thought it was easier to hear standing closer to it than the HT322, it seemed to project better, had a nice cut-through tone, and a tighter, faster low end (low end of the 410 especially holds up better with the equipment that I have when pushed fairly hard).

The HT322 is a really great cab; its midrange & treble range are really sweet and its low end is very good, but for my tastes the Schroeder 410 just fit me better.

Yeah, they are colored, but it's my kind of colored.