1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone dealt with ElectroniX?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ausf, May 1, 2010.

1. ausf

ausf

Jun 24, 2008
    New York
    After getting opinions and research, the ElectroniX Submarine seems like my best choice. Clean, slightly tone shaping boost was what I was after.

I ordered direct, which means: I pay, they make the pedal in a week and ship.

I ordered on April 13th, got a ship confirmation email on the 21st. It was supposed to be Priority Mail. Texas to NY shouldn't take 9 days (and counting). I've been shipping worldwide with USPS for years and nothing takes that long, including Australia, Japan, Russia, Korea...

I've emailed them with no response after 48 hours.

I don't want to be a prick, but I don't want to be a sucker either. It's not really a time issue as much as the lack of communication that I'm asking about. I fully understand that stuff happens, but I also expect professionalism when I deal with a business.

So, anyone have an opinion or insight?

Please don't take this as a slam of the company, it's not. It may be lost in the post and he may be traveling, all innocent-like.

2. faceinbass

faceinbass

Apr 20, 2008
    KCMO
    I remember mine taking longer than expected but they blamed the weather affecting the dry time on the paint job.

the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I would keep bugging them. :bag:

3. Then don't be.

I ordered a CrossDrive just shortly after New Years. Granted, I don't remember how long it took from the time I paid until the time I had my grubby paws on it, but it's worth the wait. As far as I know, Oz doesn't build them until you order them. He has a life that isn't ElectroniX.

As for not getting an answer back within 48 hours, give him a break. I had an issue with my CrossDrive a couple weeks ago (which was on my end, not his) and it took him a few days to get back to me. No big deal.

Just give him a chance to get back to you before you start blowing off steam on TB and start a complaint. Plenty of people here have dealt with him, and he's a super guy. Trust me.

4. faceinbass

faceinbass

Apr 20, 2008
    KCMO
    wow. read the op again.

9 days of priority shipping IS too long.

5. If it did ship on the 21st and you don't have it then there is a problem with the delivery system, not the manufacturer! You need to follow up with USPS first and find out what is going on. Sounds like it may have been lost or mis-delivered!

6. ausf

ausf

Jun 24, 2008
    New York

This is helpful and what I was the looking for.

If you read my post, I'm not blaming anyone, just asking if it's normal. I said it's not a slam and I said it could be innocent. I also am not venting, but laying out the story, accurately.

Not questioning the pedal, or service, it shipped (according to the email in a very timely fashion).

I'm asking about whether a delay in communication is normal and I thought that was apparent from the first post.

7. faceinbass

faceinbass

Apr 20, 2008
    KCMO
    The ORIGINATOR must do this.

8. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    He's a very small operation, with a heavy workload. Sometimes he gets back to people quickly, but sometimes there are delays. So yes, this is normal, and not to worry about it.

9. ausf

ausf

Jun 24, 2008
    New York
    Thank you. That's all I needed to know.

I'm not an impatient bastard, trust me. I believe it's been shipped, just concerned that's it's lost and I can't do anything about it without info from them. I'd much rather support small operations. If it took a month to make, I'm fine with that. It's the 'lost' aspect that's troubling.

10. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    Don't feel like a prick contacting him. He's a one man operation and the workload can get intense. Sometimes things can get dropped, but he does mean well and builds a killer product. Send him another email and ask him about it, but don't be a jerk - not that I think you would. He'll hook you up and I think you'll be very happy with the Submarine. I have two on my board and I'm thinking about getting another for my mini board.

11. Bob C

Bob C

Mar 26, 2000
    Duluth, MN
    Are you sure the email you received was confirmation that the item was shipped? If so, you need a USPS tracking number.

If this information wasn't included in that first (only) email from Electronix (and likely the # wasn't created yet at that time) you do need to do follow-up correspondence with him (Electronix).

As was stated, this (one man) company does have a good rep, but do your polite follow-ups as necessary. You're right - a Priority mail delivery should not take nine days. BUT a Sunday here and a "closing time" there can slow things down.

All that said, the package very well could have been mislabled or lost. So, I wouldn't just assume that everything is fine.

12. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Os would never scam you. I've purchased 3 of his pedals with no problem.

13. rcubed

rcubed

May 8, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    I thought it was now a two person operation, with someone else handling everything but the building and testing of the pedals.

14. calebbarton

calebbarton

Aug 25, 2007
    Oregon
    I manufacture for several companies including but not limited to: Bridge City Sound, Catalinbread, more.
    i think i remember him saying in a previous thread that he is limited to making 4 or 5 at a time right now because he is the only one doing it.

Edit: found it

musicelectronix
    Solder, Wire and Rock'n'Roll

Lead Designer: ElectroniX Boutique Pedals

Quote:
    Originally Posted by B.C.

I am not thinking about shipping GeminiDrive at least for a month. I am all alone now and barely keeping up with the orders. The wait time was recently increased to 4 days, now I am thinking of making that a week. One of the guys went to Germany for his Masters degree. The other one was sold out and went corporate on me Until I find some qualified labor and open up a shop, I can only offer new ones as limited 4-5 pedal runs.

15. ausf

ausf

Jun 24, 2008
    New York
    I received the USPS tracking number which isn't a tracking number in the UPS/FEd EX sense, it only tells you when delivered and usually well after the fact. It hasn't been delivered, so it's worthless. I've tried tracking on high end USPS services and it's a no go.

I'm not calling it a scam, not calling Os out. He's answered previous emails, been helpful, makes a great product.

I didn't use the term 'sucker' as in I've been scammed, I mean sucker in that I'm waiting for a pedal that's lying under a USPS conveyor belt somewhere.

For all I know, Os might generate USPS labels when the pedal is ready, but not ship until he has a pile of 'em. I'm fine with that, it's possible it didn't ship until this Weds, Thurs, Fri, I don't care, as long as it's not lost.

16. I have always been satisfied dealing with Os, just be patient his product is well worth the wait.

17. kugelspot

kugelspot

Jun 8, 2009
    I've dealt with the company before, though I don't own any of their pedals. It took Os 2 days or so to get back to me on a fairly simple question. He has a huge workload for such a small operation. Give it time. Just ask again. And PLEASE don't be a douche in your email. We don't want him to quit a second time.

18. tigerbass

tigerbass

Jul 28, 2006
    Crown Point, IN
    Rest assured you are not getting scammed. I've got several things from him and nothing is super quick! I would just try a polite email making sure all is well and that you were a little concerned about the big lapse in shipping time. He is very cool, but obviously just going crazy making pedals!! No matter how long the wait, which CAN BE long at times, it is always worth it!!!! Trust me, he is not the only small operation that gets backed up.

19. ausf

ausf

Jun 24, 2008
    New York
    I don't think you're getting it, it's not the the time it took to make the pedal, it's 10 days in the post. I'm not blaming Os, I just would like an answer. In my email I even relayed I hoped it was not sent on the day I got the USPS confirmation.

Do you get it? I hope he took longer to send than the email suggests. If it's lost, I want to be able to find out as soon as possible.

Os is a good guy, his product is great, he's overworked. All cool is my book. That doesn't mean I shouldn't try to find a lost item. Am I wrong?

A TBer sent me a pedal from Seattle on Thursday and it arrived Sat morning.

10 days from Texas probably means it's lost. I'd like to find out. And yes, all emails are not only cordial, but understanding, I wouldn't blast anyone, no matter what, it never helps.

20. Steveaux

Steveaux Safe-Guardian of the Stoopid Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
    I know this feeling.

USPS doesn't like admitting they've lost your stuff.

:meh: