1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone designed/bought T-shirts??

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by QORC, Sep 17, 2008.

1. QORC

QORC

Aug 22, 2003
    Elberon, New Jersey
    We are looking for a source to produce bulk band t-shirts for us to sell at gigs. Need more than one color. Would prefer a front and a back design. Hoping to keep the unit cost under $10 per shirt and probably want to buy 200 at a time.

anyone done this? Anyone have some contacts for us? China?

2. zac2944

zac2944

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I use acmeprints.com. Pricing depends on what you order, but they have deals starting around $2.75 a piece for a 100 order, one color one side. I've placed four orders with them so far for about 400-500 shirts total, and haven't had any issues. They have been easy to work with. They even paused manufacturing to send me digital photo proofs of the first shirts off the line before they did my first order. Pretty cool.

3. QORC

QORC

Aug 22, 2003
    Elberon, New Jersey
    and you are happy with the quality of the material and the printing I presume?

I may contact them. I think we're looking for 16 color. Gotta keep the unit cost under $10.

Thanks

4. zac2944

zac2944

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Ahh... you mean 16 colors of ink?:eyebrow: Usually 4 will get you all the colors of the rainbow.

If you mean t-shirt colors, there is usually no extra charge for that. The charge for the shirt is based on the make/model of the shirts. You've got plenty of choices, Fruit of the Loom, Hanes, Anvil, Gildan, etc., then you've got 100% cotton, heavyweight, 50/50 blend, etc. You typically get what you pay for when choosing shirt. The higher cost/quality shirts are nice, but not always necessary.

I recommend the FOTL 50/50 blend shirts. They have a nice soft finish, don't wrinkle easily so they look good when displayed, and they don't color fade like 100% cotton so they last a long time.

5. QORC

QORC

Aug 22, 2003
    Elberon, New Jersey
    yes, thanks for the help.

6. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    In Ca i ordered some shirts for my band. They were black shirts with white ink, one design on the front. $100 for 25 shirts. I think a second design on the back (as how I originally wanted the shirts to me) was only $2 more per shirt. $6 total per shirt of this type.

www.def-star.com

7. Thor

Thor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

I think I'll hang on for the info. Subscribe.

8. crijan

crijan Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2005
    Dallas, Texas
    Endorsing: JH Audio IEMs
    I get awesome prices and service from Austin Screen Printing. http://www.tshirtasp.com/ They always beat all the other quotes I get by 25% and their quality and personal service is awesome.

9. Motioneso

Motioneso

May 4, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    We've used www.level13apparel.com for quite a few orders and they have done a fantastic job of printing. Michael is very easy to get a hold of and the turn around is great (even in a rush.)

Highly recommend them.

10. iScott

iScott

Jun 13, 2007
    Decatur, GA
    Sweet! Thanks for the reference. We'll be placing an order soon.

11. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    Based on my experience with t-shirts, when you have many different colors of shirts, your artwork usually won't look good with every color. IME, I would find out what colors of shirts the artwork looks best on and order maybe two colors. As far as sizes, keep the number of sizes to a minimum as well. If you order too many colors and too many sizes, you may get stuck with odd colors in odd sizes that may never sell. There's really no need to be a department store.

12. meycom

meycom Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Southern Wis.
    I'll be coming back to this thread as well. Subscribe.

13. WookieeForLife

WookieeForLife

Sep 30, 2008
    PA.
    updates?

14. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    When we got them done several times we searched the web for days. After all that time and effort, we always ended up finding a better price locally (within 50-60 miles anyway). Call around your area. You might be surprised. One question though....why so many colors? I'm NOT putting down your idea, just curious.