Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone did that offer on here for free bass?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Twiggy Jr., Mar 16, 2006.

1. Twiggy Jr.

Twiggy Jr.

Nov 17, 2005
    Oklahoma
    there is an advertisement for a free Ernie Ball musicman 4 bass on this website...i looked into it a little, it said you have to do like 18 steps, then they send you a voucher for it...either no or minimal purchases required...i am just wondering if anyone has done that.

2. Digo

Digo

Mar 14, 2006
    Edinurgh, Scotland
    if u send me the link, i will do all the steps

3. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I'm pretty sure it would bve like do 18 offers, and then send them a few hundred.

4. its pyramid scheme...you sign up for credit card or something, then get 18 others to sign up and then they need to get 18 people each to sign up...i believe it works, but you spend more time and money than if you just went to t he guitar store and bought one

5. Kruton

Kruton

Aug 20, 2005
    Ocean Springs, MS
    If this is anything like the free ipod thing, then this is one of the few things that actually works. You complete offers and get other people to do it also. The reason they do this is so the companys your completing offers for get business, they pay the website to be able to host their offers, and you get a free bass. It's actually pretty genius. Search for a better explanation but that is pretty much it.

6. No, but I did sign up for the free Roscoe on theperfectbass.com :hyper: .

*hijack off*

7. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I did it, and it's true. Next I'm going to get that free PS2 those Levi's jeans. Then I'm going to respond to that "Dear kind friend" email from Nigeria.

8. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005
    It is a never ending list of offers you must complete. You will never reach the end until you have spent enough money to buy a truckload of Music Man basses.

9. thats what i said...you need to sign up for so many things, and so do your 18 referrals, and the final cost to you is more than the bass itself...it actually does work, i remember kevin rose doing the free ipod one, and it actually worked, but it cost him more than if he would had just walked to best buy and bought one :)

10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    This is exactly how I got my Tuxedo Bass. You can too!