1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone dive in Belize or Cozumel?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Armueller2001, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Armueller2001

Armueller2001

Sep 19, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    My parents and I are looking at going on a cruise, and there are 2 possible locations I can dive at. I may do both, but will probably settle for one or the other. This will be my first "real" dive, I did my certification dives in San Diego where it was cold and I couldn't see a thing!

From what it sounds like, I think Belize will have more to look at, it mentions "an abundance of marine life from reef fish to lush sponges and corals to pelagics such as rays, sharks, and dolphins."

Anyone been to one location or both, can you give me some advice? Thanks!

Cozumel - $95, 4.5 hr

Belize - $165, 6 hr

Cozumel - Onboard Experience - Royal Caribbean International

Belize - Onboard Experience - Royal Caribbean International

2. ()smoke()

()smoke()

Feb 25, 2006
    Dallas
    i've dived in cozumel once...fantastic conditions that particular time--visibility was great, plenty to see, very cool atmosphere

...that being said, i'd choose belize

good friend of mine is a master diver, spent a few weeks there and spoke very highly of the experience...

3. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    a friend of mine went to go dive Belize and he didn't return until a year later. He said the diving in that area was just that good.

4. I've gone snorkeling in Cozumel. It was cool, but not THAT cool. Besides, most everything got wiped out by hurricanes anyway by the time I got there.

5. I went on a cruise in April and went to Cozumel and loved it!!! So beautiful. We went to the Myan ruins tho...

6. ()smoke()

()smoke()

Feb 25, 2006
    Dallas
    the ruins at tulum are beautiful--and the beach pocket just below the cliffs there is picture-perfect paradise:)

7. Yes both, about 15 years ago. I'd love to go back but all my travelling these days is business related :meh: