Anyone do punk/hardcore shows in the Toronto area?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ole Jason, Jun 2, 2005.

1. My girlfriend and I will be in Toronto for the first week of august. She mentioned wanting to go to a show but I wouldn't really know where to begin looking for a Toronto scene site so I figured I'd ask around here. We don't want to go to a 'big' show just local bands and the like. She likes about any kind of punk or indie so that's what I'm lookin for.

ps if you know of any exceptional vegetarian restaurants I'll be looking for those too
  2. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    my band played up there(hc) in the winter. we played at this small club in down town toronto. they do not usually have shows there.

the promoter has since moved to another country.

toronto hc message board

we played with this awesome melodic hc band called in time. i cannot find there site but i am sure they are still together.

also check us out,
  3. Hey Ole Jason.

I don't know of any in particular yet in August, but there's a few magazines that have pretty good music/concert listings for Toronto. Check closer to August - these are published on Thursday with listings usually for the upcoming week. They're both free so check em out when you're here.

If I hear of anything good I'll post it back here. - Now Magazine - Eye Magazine

It'll be pretty hot and humid too in August. What are you coming for? Vacation? Business?
  4. Thanks for the help guys I think we'll be able to find plenty to do. Post back if you hear of anything in particular, I'm going to keep an eye on the scene board shawn posted.

We're coming for vacation. Neither of us have ever been to CA so it should be fun. I'm looking forward to the museums and food
  5. C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada

+1 Eye and Now pretty much have everything covered for live shows, expecially if it's not mainstream. You can check out Lee's Palace and the Elmocambo, for venues.