Anyone Do Snowblading? (or terrain park style skiing?)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BassGod, Mar 9, 2006.

1. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I just tried snowblading last weekend as a nice change from skiing, and it was really quite fun. Very easy to control, and I found them to be faster than skis. No poles either, which was a challenge. I plan on trying out the terrain park this week (spring break).

Has anyone tried this cool version of skiing?

Graeme :cool:

P.S. Where do I start with jumps/rails, etc.?
  2. Dream Works

Dream Works

Dec 5, 2003
    Last time I snow bladed I did so straight into a door.
  3. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    One of my good friends is a snowblader. I've never done it but according to him, it's a lot of fun. Watch out though, like any kind of skiing it'll eat up your money because you'll always be looking for the newest, smallest, fastest, most responsive skis. Have fun and be safe!
  4. barthanatos

barthanatos Insert witty comment here

Feb 8, 2006
    South Carolina
    I'm curious as to what you mean by "faster"? Modern full skis, being longer, more surface area, etc.... I mean you don't see anyone doing the Giant Slalom on snow blades.

I do ride terrain parks though. I suck at rails so far, but not too shabby at jumps. I love gladed runs, double blacks. I ride Atomic Metron M:EX 175s. (6'3", 195#)
  5. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    I have to agree with this. No way you can (or should rather) go faster on skiboards (the official name) than on regular skis. By regular I'm referring to shaped skis. No point in talking about old straight sticks here...

You might really like them, but I heard that they might be banned, cuz the non-release bindings have been causing lots of (mainly knee) injuries lately. There are some really short skis with releasable bindings, if you consider purchasing some, I'd suggest checking those out.

As far as "new school" skiing goes, if the mountain you ski at has a park, it should have some beginner rails (read: short) to practice around on. For jumps, I'd look around the mountain for natural kickers.

For the record, I ski Volant Machete Sins 185, and I weigh 165" and measure about 5'11". I like 'em long :D
  6. barthanatos

barthanatos Insert witty comment here

Feb 8, 2006
    South Carolina