Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone else been TRIPLE booked?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by JPJ, Mar 29, 2003.

1. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    My band, Sweet Medicne, had a gig in Chicago last night with a band from NW Indiana....The Highway Band. When we showed up, there were SEVEN other bands already there, unloaded, and ready to play...three local bands in the dungeon-of-a- basement and four national touring acts with vans and trailiers parked outside a mile long. The interesting thing is that we had booked the gig several months in advanace, and Sweet Medicine and The Highway band were the two bands promoted on the venue's website and the only two bands listed in promotions in several of the local papers, etc. I can't imagine the level of incompetence that would result in NINE bands being booked for one Friday night venue, but I feel worse about all of the people who drove into the city from the NW suburbs and NW Indiana to see a show that never happened. That's a really good way to have people never come to see your band again.

I realize that double bookings and promoter screw-ups happen and that bands just have to deal with it (or in this case, put the bass player's J.D. to good use ;) ), but has anyone ever heard of NINE bands in one night? :confused: :mad:

2. leftundone

leftundone

Mar 14, 2003
    Chicago, IL
  3. crossXbones

crossXbones

Sep 17, 2002
    Florida
    well iv'e never heard of nine bands booked on accident for the same night. whoever did that had no idea what they were doing.

4. leftundone

leftundone

Mar 14, 2003
    Chicago, IL
  5. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    Wouldn't that be nonuple booked or something like that?