1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

anyone else bothered by

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by droppedurpocket, Jul 19, 2012.

1. droppedurpocket

droppedurpocket

Nov 11, 2011
    Plano, TX
    Bad radio eq's? Not from the station but in the actual car. For example I'm riding along with a guy at work and he has his bass turned almost all the way up and no treble at all. Everything sounds like the parents from Peanuts. Wah wah wah wah wah.

2. methinks he likes fart drivers rather than audio drivers.......

3. droppedurpocket

droppedurpocket

Nov 11, 2011
    Plano, TX
    Hehe. I would believe it.

4. gotta have that "in da club" feeling at all time. Hence whenever I make electronic music I try to always make a point of using big loud distorted gabber kicks in my tracks unless it'll really destroy somethin. :D

5. BogeyBass

BogeyBass

Sep 14, 2010
    Yes of course it is annoying,

Between bad EQ and turning it up to high distortion.
    Then they just sit their and act like it.... sounds good?

to much bass or even to much treble sometimes.
    what is worse the rumble of to much bass or squawking treble.

Even better when they have decent car system and amps, but still
    manage to make it sound like.....####

6. I hate bad EQ's in vehicles. I drive an old truck and I'll have the EQ set nicely but once I change the radio station it goes to a default setting. There is no way around this for me..

7. Heh- in high school my buddy mounted a bunch of Crutchfield car stereo junk in his pickup- didn't actually mount the speakers, just had 6 x 9's taped and otherwise cobbled about the cab. No bass, all treble, metal music, cranked. We thought it was awesome. I'm surprised I can still hear.

8. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually

Dec 17, 2007
    San Diego/LA
    There are two kinds of people (well, in relation to this thread of course and in no way competing with the zombie plan/no zombie plan folks)......those that like a nice wide spectrum eq that pumps properly without too much bass, mids or highs.....and my wife that could mount a 2" transistor radio to the dashboard with a popped speaker and not care less.

9. Yeah this sort of thing drives me crazy, as does when I am in a store doing some shopping and they have music in the background that is all treble and no bass and almost no mids, at such a low volume level where you can tell there is music playing but it's impossible to hear notes or melodies or to figure out what the song is. What the hell is the point of that? Just shut it off already.

10. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    Yeah, but these go to 11!

[​IMG]

11. droppedurpocket

droppedurpocket

Nov 11, 2011
    Plano, TX
    Ha! Buddy of mine did the same thing. He even had a 12" woofer in a 2x12 box. Not much umph there. Surprised the speaker didn't explode.

12. droppedurpocket

droppedurpocket

Nov 11, 2011
    Plano, TX
    The guy loves classic rock, which is cool with me I love it too, but his bad eq on the radio is just killing it for me. I looked at his settings to tinker with it to make it sound better and guess what I found? Bass +10 mids 0 treble -10. Whaaa? I asked him about it and he thought it sounded good that way. To each his own I guess

13. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    My old truck had a Pioneer stereo that had a 4 band parametric EQ. I had it dialed in perfectly.

My new truck has a Bose (ugh). It's tied in to the computer, so replacing it with something better isn't really an option.