Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone else doing GCSEs?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bass87, May 11, 2003.

1. I've got my first GCSE exam this week, so wish me luck :D Might mean I'm around TB less, I'm sure you won't miss me much ;)

Just wanted to say good luck to anyone else doing GCSEs this summer, or any other exams for that matter. Hope everyone does well!

2. *raises hand* but mine aren't till next year!

just finishing off 3rd year exams. :)

g'luck bro

3. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    Ack ! The work of the devil. My ICT is on Wednesday

4. I did mine two years ago...got 5, but should have got well more....but then again, I got into the course in college I wanted to do so....it all worked out in the end. Good luck lads.

5. Good Luck!

(not that you'll need it - you'll realise later just how easy and pointless GCSE's are)

6. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    I aggree with Yottskry - I did mine 2 years ago, and trhir prctically worthless. I got a good haul of results, 9 a-c and 1 d, but then went on to college and started getting d's all the way (I'll blame coursework due to the strict mark schemes, I'd rather take an extra exam any day).

Good luck anyway and have fun in your 11 week holiday!

Year 11 rocked :bassist:

7. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Good luck with the ole' GCSEs. But we wanna know the results, in August :)

Oh, and, you're doing Music, right?

8. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Out of a year of 150 people, only 4 took music at our school for the 2 year gcse course :eek:

I wasn't one of them though, as I started bass at the start of my year 11.

9. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Yeah. In my year, out of... I dunno, 200? There was about 5 of us by the end of the 2 years. There 7 at the start, I think, and a couple dropped out.

10. Damn right.

11. No I'm not doing music, I started playing bass during year 10, and I always hated our head of music anyway.

I'll tell you the results if I'm sober enough to remember ;)

12. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Due to celebration or drowning of sorrows?

;)

13. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    Ha ! I _had_ to give that up about 4 months after i started my course. It was hell. Actual hell.
    Probably because we had to write minimalist pieces for our first core topic, but i still wouldn't reccommend it to anyone.

14. I wish I was doing GCSEs. They're piss easy. I've got my highers coming up this friday onwards so I'm kinda s**ting bricks at the moment.

Yeah, good luck man.

15. Good luck to all of you who are taking GCSE's, AS, A levels etc etc

Matthew