Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone else ever heard of excalibur?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bass_boarder, Aug 5, 2003.

1. Bass_boarder

Bass_boarder

Aug 5, 2003
    Hey I have an Excalibur bass. I'm not sure the model or anything. has anyone else ever heard of them? Mine has a thru neck construction, with 2 big soapbar pickups. The neck is made of some light wood with dark wood thru the middle. it looks sharp. So if anyone knows anything about these basses.........

2. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder
  3. Bass_boarder

Bass_boarder

Aug 5, 2003
    Kinda hard without a digital camera or scanner......

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Not necessarily - I've done it many times. So take photos on an ordinary SLR camera and then ask for a Kodak Photo CD when they process the film. I have lots of Photo CDs but no digital camera or scanner!:p

5. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Oh God - not THAT tracker again....

6. Bass_boarder

Bass_boarder

Aug 5, 2003
  7. It's simple really. Your bass, like about 2 million others every year, are made overseas in one of several dozen factories that exclusively make instruments for overseas clients. Some companies create designs themselves while others work strictly from client submissions. Anyone can hire these factories to make instruments and have their own name put on them. This is how basses like the Essex, Johnson, Rogue, and lots of others are made. Samick, under their name and others, make a large portion of the low end guitars and some of the medium range instruments sold worldwide. Now, to do this usually requires orders totalling up to container loads of units but they can be had very cheap (per piece). Because of this system, you will find the same instrument labeled differently from different companies. This particular one looks like a Copeley but then again, a Copeley looks like several others that are out there.

8. Bass_boarder

Bass_boarder

Aug 5, 2003
    hmm very very interesting. Well that clears that up for now. i guess.. It's all about money eh? well i'm glad i really didn't pay to much for mine. It has nice sound and i like the little larger neck.
    ok if any has anymore info feel free to post

9. so how do you know what pictures are on each photo cd?

10. Bruce Lindfield

Errr..... I look at the prints which are in the same box with the disc - or I could even - put it in my computer and view them as a slide show, thumbnails or individually for editing etc. etc.

Now is it just me, or was that a really stoopid question!!?? :confused:

11. Planet Boulder

Nov 10, 2001
    Bruce - why was it stupid? Because he doesn't know? Maybe he doesn't have any experience with digital cameras/film technology.

Give the guy a break.

12. Q: How do you know which songs are on each audio CD?

A: You write the titles!

13. Bruce Lindfield

But the whole point was about avoiding digital cameras and technology - could anybody honestly think that Kodak are going to provide you with blank CDs?? How would that be a good service - how would they keep going and what good would they be if you couldn't look at them? :confused:

Nope - it was a stoopid question!

14. :mad: i have had experience with digital cameras. :mad:

15. Bruce Lindfield

16. Planet Boulder

Nov 10, 2001