1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone else ever play a Squier?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by squierplayer120, Nov 29, 2004.

1. squierplayer120

squierplayer120

Nov 17, 2004
    Wisconsin
    I play one, and I took up playing in July, I adjusted the action a bit and the jack wires came unsoldered, but thats it. Any suggestions for a new bass in the $200-$400 price range?

2. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I don't like squires. But then again After playing an Ibanez I can't get used to the not-as-thin necks on a lot of basses.

But take a look at SX basses if you're looking to save money, and for $200-$400 I recommend well, an Ibanez SR 300DX; I played one and it sounded pretty good, and has active PUs and all...

3. Corwin81

Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    I play and gig with a Squier P Special with Fender '62 RI P pup. Used to be my main bass, but now I only typically use it for acoustic gigs(don't have an acoustic bass and this sounds better for a mellow setting than an actual acoustic bass).

4. squierplayer120

squierplayer120

Nov 17, 2004
    Wisconsin
    LOL i play with a Behringer BX300 with shaping for mellow stuff and that same amp with no shaping for punk stuff.

5. I still have mine. I defretted it long ago. It's still pretty decent I guess. I wouldn't play it in a band setting though.