Anyone Else Experience Wiring Problems with the Warwick $$ Corvette RB?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by marcorocko45, Apr 9, 2022.

1. marcorocko45

marcorocko45

Oct 19, 2021
    Hey all, long story short I purchased a Warwick RB Corvette $$ 5 string (the 4 knob active preamp system), and over the next few days, something was off with the wiring (I had taken it back to a tech at the music shop the day after purchasing it due to something I messed up with the nut, and he said the battery kept touching the input jack so he tried to crimp the battery holder closer together). After I brought the bass home again, it kept crapping out every other note, so I tried every non-surgical trick in the book: wrapped electrical tape around input jack wire, new battery, lowered pickup height, 2 different amps/an interface, different cables. Nothing seemed to work (the electrical tape worked for 5 minutes but I have a feeling there may have been mltiple wiring problems with the bass). Long story short I returned it and bought a Spector NS2 Pulse. Sucks though because the pickups sounded really good (maybe I'll have them put in my G&L l2500 body with EMG BQC pre). Question is, how common are wiring issues with the warwicks (rockbass or higher end or just the corvettes??)