1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone else find their new Fender bass case to be a bit large on the inside?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kdogg, Nov 18, 2016.

1. kdogg

kdogg

Nov 13, 2005
    Ohio
    Just got a new P bass and it seems the case is a bit too large on the inside. The bass slides around inside the case when moving it around. Anyone else notice this?

The same style Fender case for my Telecaster fits the guitar snugly.

2. Green Lantern

Green Lantern

Nov 3, 2011
    PA
    My 5 strIng Jazz does not move at all in the case

3. kdogg

kdogg

Nov 13, 2005
    Ohio
    I was thinking maybe the retailer I purchased it from grabbed the wrong case after inspecting my bass before shipping. The case has an inch or two of play around the bass body. Do the four and five string Fenders have different body dimensions? Are the Jazz and P bodies different? Always thought the cases for both were identical.

The case is the newer square one with black fur and a red handle.

4. elgranluis

elgranluis

Feb 14, 2003
    Vail, CO
    My American basses (bought new) came with the case from the factory (they were factory sealEd). The cases are not identical (unless it is a vintage style or universal case). The jazz bass is offset, while the p bass is not .

I guess you could have gotten a jazz bass case (check the inner.contours on the bass).

I don't think its worth the hassle to return it. However, I'd let the dealer know as a p will fit a j molded case but not the other way around (because of the offset body)

5. kdogg

kdogg

Nov 13, 2005
    Ohio
    Yeah, I'm thinking a may have gotten a Jazz bass case. If I had purchased the bass used, I'd probably just live with it. Being a brand new bass, it's a bit annoying the case doesn't fit properly.

Like I mentioned above, the same style case that I got for my Telecaster, fits that guitar snugly.