Anyone else got a Washburn? + Pics of my gear

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ModestCargo, Sep 21, 2005.

1. [​IMG]

Does anyone else play a Washburn bass? This baby is 1992, American made, and she's a beaut. Best bass I have ever played hands down (and I've played a lot of expensive basses), just feels "right". Fits like a glove.

Most people don't think of this quality when I say I have a Washburn but as soon as they pick it up, plug it in, either they change their minds or they are the kind of people that "hear" the brand name on the headstock.
  2. dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    I have 2 Washburns. One is my CB-150 which looks a lot like yours but is just a P pickup and is really a beginner bass that I upgraded. My Taurus is an exceptional bass quality bass I've seen for the money anywhere.
  3. ebladeboi123

Jul 11, 2005
    Oberlin, Oh
    only played 1 washburn, and to call it quality would be a joke. But it was very very beginneresque. I woulda prefered a squire over the one i played in all honesty.
  4. John Coxtosen

John Coxtosen Music Geek/Bass Nerd

May 25, 2005
    Duluth, MN
    I almost bought one of these. I stil might someday. Its an AB95. Very nice tone and playability. More modern sounding than it looks.

5. Cool bass John Coxtosen!
  6. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    Had an XB900 and 920 (very similar to yours.) Also an XB400. Loved the USA models. Lightest basses I've ever played, and sounded sweet as well.
  7. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    I've got a no-name Washburn that I fixed up over the summer. The body is plywood, so it was definitely a n00b instrument, but I threw on some primer and paint, and then defretted and polyurethaned the neck. I'm quite pleased with it.
  8. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    I've occasionally played Washburns in the music stores, even going back 25 years or more. The mid-to-higher end models are still surprisingly inexpensive - and even more surprisingly high-quality...

All in all, Washburns are under-rated - a great bargain for beginners to weekend warriors...

9. John Coxtosen

John Coxtosen Music Geek/Bass Nerd

May 25, 2005
    Duluth, MN