Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone else got the 'Modern Electric Bass' Jaco Video?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by (hed)-less, Jun 14, 2005.

1. hi there, i just got the rather great 'Modern Electric Bass' video with the late great Jaco Pastorius...i bought it off ebay but now ive just realised the manuscript companion booklet of exercisers is missing..doh!...ah well..never mind, still money well speant. just wondering if anyone else has the video WITH the booklet and wouldnt mind doing me the HUGE favour of maybe scanning it in for me?

aye...i know its abit cheeky :p ...but if anyone can do this for me id be eternally greatful :D!

AnT

2. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    I'm pretty sure that the company that made the video also sells a much bigger book with all the transcriptions/lessons. You might want to try contacting them.

3. ahhh...thats good to know, great stuff...cheers :)

4. You can get it as a pdf file if you want to be Illegal

5. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI

Hey man, you'd be like...stealing money from Jaco - lol.

6. i wouldnt be stealing...i paid for the video :p ...so technically ive been short changed :crying: haha!

7. `ash

`ash

Feb 26, 2004
    Melbourne
    I must admit to a situation similar.

I downloaded the Louis Johnson Star Licks video. But like you, i was with the booklet that goes with it. I really wanted to learn from the video so i went out and bought it the old fashioned way. That way i had a booklet, a video and a large .avi file.

No longer needing the video tape i took it to a mates place and told him he could keep it. He said he wasnt sure how long it would be before he could sit down with it and enjoy and i told him it didnt matter it was his. I told him to make a copy of the booklet :hide: and id be back in two weeks.

Two weeks later, I lob round to his place. He said he hasnt had a chance to see the video. I told him (again) that the video was his and i didnt need it back and that i had only come for the booklet.

His reply.... "what booklet?"

He lost the booklet! :crying: i couldnt believe it.

I had even told him the whole story about how i downloaded it but went out and bought it again later cause i didnt have the booklet. He knew how important it was. He kept saying "i'll have a see for it etc etc" but i know he hasnt. (2 months)

What do i do? Is it lost forever? Do keep at him about it? Do i ask that he replace it? Is this karma?

8. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    The bassist from our church band just recently let me borrow the video. Sadly, it was missing the booklet aswell. Twas an awesome video, though. :)

9. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    No worries. I was just joking around - a lot of folks around here get there panties in a bunch if you mention P2P file sharing.

10. haha, no worries, i was only jokin too. yikes...ash...i feel for you man...see...this is what happens when you have 'absent minded' friends...'hey man, can i have my cd back..youve had it for like a month?' ....reply: 'oh..ehh..umm..what cd?'...something i know all too well :p

11. dannoman

dannoman Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2004
    You can get the book along with a cd of the examples for about $25.00.

12. `ash

`ash

Feb 26, 2004
    Melbourne
    Which book? The Jaco one or Louis Johnson.

Sorry for the hijack and muddling things up.

13. dannoman

dannoman Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2004
    the jaco...