Anyone else hate it when...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bryan bailey, Aug 29, 2004.

1. You get a pizza, and they mess up the order in some way?

Here's my story. After nearly getting into a fistfight with my younger sibling, I decided I wanted some pizza from a place nearby, but I didn't have the number. So I go there, and order to go, and figure I can wait. I make my order, then go get some soda, and listen to Meshuggah and Mr. Bungle in the adjacent Wal-Mart parking lot.

Anyways, after about 20 min, I go back. Wait there for another 10 minutes, and they show me 'my' pizza. I didn't order a plain pizza, so I knew it was the wrong one. Than after another 5 minutes, they show me a pizza with some of the stuff I wanted, and some other stuff.

I order a pizza with caramalized onions(teh awesomest topping ever), roasted red peppers, and mushrooms. The last pizza they showed me had the onions, hot peppers, and uncooked onions.

Since I was hungry, and I like those toppings anyways, I gave up and took it.

*It's delicious either way*

Anyone else having pizza troubles?
  2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    These people make $6.75 an hour. If we paid them $19.25 an hour, a livable wage in some places, I'm sure they'd get it right.

... uh oh, I'm turning into a democrat ...

3. All the employees were teenagers, I don't feel too bad about them getting stiffed by the 'system'

I just want my damn pizza like I asked!
  4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

Make it yourself then. I learned long ago to make my own pizza.

Yeah, it takes longer, but you will never get the order wrong. :)

5. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA

Yep. And if we just had ten more bucks we could teach Johnny how to read. :ninja:
  6. AMEN. As a lactose-intolerant individual, I have to make my own pizzas with lactose-free (but REAL) mozarella cheese (made by Kraft). I like my pizzas more than any chain pizza, plus I get awesome toppings. My personal favorite is pepperoni, hot Italian sausage, proscuitto ham, and green bell peppers (with a dash of crushed red pepper). SO GOOD.
  7. Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    This has happened to me once... at a local pizzeria, Momo's, we ordered a medium (16" medium, it's great) pie with half pepperoni and half mushrooms. They accidentally brought us a pie with only mushrooms, so they apologised and proceeded to start making us another medium with just pepperoni. It was awesome.
  8. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    When I can, I do. Make my own dough, make it stuffed crust, use homemade sauce*, and cook it just right.

*My mom makes a couple gallons every other year or so, then we freeze it, and bring it out as needed. Works great.
  9. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I have more trouble with Kebabs than with Pizza's:-

Me: "Can I please have a Chicken Kebab with BBQ sauce?"

Him:- "Chicken or Beef?"

Me:- "uuummmmmmmm....... Chicken" pretending it's the first time I said it.

Him:- "You want sauce?"

Me:- "I already told you. Chicken Kebeb with BBQ sauce".

Him:- "OK Taka easy Maik" (translation = take it easy Mate)

At this point they usually start speaking amoung themselves in Arabic and all I can understand is the occasional swear word. I know they're talking about me, but I let it go. Then when they hand me the Kebab, I say "Thankyou" in Arabic. It leaves them guessing wether or not I understood. The faces they pull at this point are priceless.
  10. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

i used to be used to pizza hut, but then i oredered from domino's. in pizza hut, 5 breadsticks means 5 sticks of bread. so the first time i ordered from domino's i asked for five bread sticks along with my pizza. when the delivery guy came, he came with 5 BOXES of 8 bread sticks. so i called back and spoke to the manager, and i was allowed to keep one box and only pay for the one box. :bag:
  11. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    shut up hippie.