Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone else hate it when...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bryan bailey, Aug 29, 2004.

1. You get a pizza, and they mess up the order in some way?

Here's my story. After nearly getting into a fistfight with my younger sibling, I decided I wanted some pizza from a place nearby, but I didn't have the number. So I go there, and order to go, and figure I can wait. I make my order, then go get some soda, and listen to Meshuggah and Mr. Bungle in the adjacent Wal-Mart parking lot.

Anyways, after about 20 min, I go back. Wait there for another 10 minutes, and they show me 'my' pizza. I didn't order a plain pizza, so I knew it was the wrong one. Than after another 5 minutes, they show me a pizza with some of the stuff I wanted, and some other stuff.

I order a pizza with caramalized onions(teh awesomest topping ever), roasted red peppers, and mushrooms. The last pizza they showed me had the onions, hot peppers, and uncooked onions.

Since I was hungry, and I like those toppings anyways, I gave up and took it.

*It's delicious either way*

Anyone else having pizza troubles?

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    These people make $6.75 an hour. If we paid them $19.25 an hour, a livable wage in some places, I'm sure they'd get it right.

... uh oh, I'm turning into a democrat ...

3. All the employees were teenagers, I don't feel too bad about them getting stiffed by the 'system'

I just want my damn pizza like I asked!

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

Make it yourself then. I learned long ago to make my own pizza.

Yeah, it takes longer, but you will never get the order wrong. :)

-Mike

5. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA

Yep. And if we just had ten more bucks we could teach Johnny how to read. :ninja:

6. AMEN. As a lactose-intolerant individual, I have to make my own pizzas with lactose-free (but REAL) mozarella cheese (made by Kraft). I like my pizzas more than any chain pizza, plus I get awesome toppings. My personal favorite is pepperoni, hot Italian sausage, proscuitto ham, and green bell peppers (with a dash of crushed red pepper). SO GOOD.

7. Pause

Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    This has happened to me once... at a local pizzeria, Momo's, we ordered a medium (16" medium, it's great) pie with half pepperoni and half mushrooms. They accidentally brought us a pie with only mushrooms, so they apologised and proceeded to start making us another medium with just pepperoni. It was awesome.

8. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    When I can, I do. Make my own dough, make it stuffed crust, use homemade sauce*, and cook it just right.

*My mom makes a couple gallons every other year or so, then we freeze it, and bring it out as needed. Works great.

9. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I have more trouble with Kebabs than with Pizza's:-

Me: "Can I please have a Chicken Kebab with BBQ sauce?"

Him:- "Chicken or Beef?"

Me:- "uuummmmmmmm....... Chicken" pretending it's the first time I said it.

Him:- "You want sauce?"

Me:- "I already told you. Chicken Kebeb with BBQ sauce".

Him:- "OK Taka easy Maik" (translation = take it easy Mate)

At this point they usually start speaking amoung themselves in Arabic and all I can understand is the occasional swear word. I know they're talking about me, but I let it go. Then when they hand me the Kebab, I say "Thankyou" in Arabic. It leaves them guessing wether or not I understood. The faces they pull at this point are priceless.

10. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

i used to be used to pizza hut, but then i oredered from domino's. in pizza hut, 5 breadsticks means 5 sticks of bread. so the first time i ordered from domino's i asked for five bread sticks along with my pizza. when the delivery guy came, he came with 5 BOXES of 8 bread sticks. so i called back and spoke to the manager, and i was allowed to keep one box and only pay for the one box. :bag:

11. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    shut up hippie.

;)