anyone else have a crappy weekend?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by xshawnxearthx, Jul 18, 2005.

1. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    band practice was cancelled because of our drummer(again)

rented first video game in just about a year, left my girls house with the ps2 but forgot to take it off the roof of my car, so offcourse, there goes 150 bucks on the 8 mo old ps2 thinline. im such a dufus sometimes.

had to take public trans to nyc to help my gf find out how far her job is. i hate the path with a passion. when we got back to hoboken, when i blew my nose, all sorts of nasty stuff came out of it.

went to mt fuji steakhouse, and offcourse i paid(though my girl said she would). awesome place, just a bit pricey for what i wanted.

only good thing about this weekend is that my mesa 400+ is coming wednesday.
  2. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

congrats on the new mesa 400 , hope you get to post pictures soon !

sounds like you had a bad weekend compared to mine ...
    i can relate with you about the drummer part , thats for sure .

even though i worked all day, 7am to 7pm both saturday and sunday , it still wasn't too bad , i guess ...
  3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

We're having our house remodeled. Waiting for roofers now that it's pretty much sheeted. But then the carpenters had a delay and the roofers couldn't start as scheduled and then torrential rains came this weekend. A combination of high humidity from the West, and remenants of Hurricane Dennis converging on Michigan.

The house is covered by a huge tarp. It's about as effective as a submarine from the navy of Chad. I've been making adjustments and supplementing this tarp and others since the project began. With varying degrees of success.

It rains when it rains, whether it's 5PM or 3:30AM. I have to be ready and it involves me climbing onto the plywood roof, nailing, pushing huge sheets of plastic around and sweating buckets. My hands ache, my knees and elbows are scraped, but I've prevented about $2-3000 worth of plaster damage. It's not simply drywall, but old school plaster.

I can't wait for it all to be done. Besides all that, it was an O.K. weekend.
  4. i had to come home from my trip to i wonder why i came back...i love arizona
  5. Yup. My family buried my 19 year old cousin.
  6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Sorry to hear of the loss Ron.

My weekend was great. I have nothing to complain about.

7. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    sorry to hear that.
  8. thanks. sorry to bummer your thread.

Her name is Felicia, and she had Cystic Fibrosis, just like her older brother (who is still with us). Not an easy life to say the least.

9. my weekends been nothing special. a bit of a downer cuz my wrists are sore again - and with a 9 hour shift on sunday packing and moving thousands of litres opf bottled water im in pain..

however, to further my depression, my problems dont seem significant anymore. :meh:
    best to you, Ron.
  10. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

My rainy weekend just spilled over into a rainy Monday. More leaks from new directions. I am getting pretty beat up here.

Sorry to hear about your cousin.
  11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Your avatar reminds me of my great weekend... I bought Headhunters... never in my life have I exclaimed, "Damn, that's funky" while listening to an album... but that did it.
  12. Again, thanks for your thoughts. My post surely wasn't an effort to derail this thread, nor to nullify anyone else's problems in light of it, I just wanted to share, because it helps to talk about it.

It happens.

Sorry about everyone else's crappy weekend.

13. FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Sorry to hear that man. It sucks to bury a person so young. :(

My weekend was alright. Until sunday night and found out my truck was leaking antifreeze. Water pump went out. Cost me $400 that I don't or cant really aford to pay(house payment coming up). So I had to put it on the credit card. My wife took it to the shop for me this morrning and I still havent driven it yet to see if it's alright.

For a little good news tho: With all the rain we have gotten here I think I fix my roof. Which is a good thing because when it was leaking it was going into my microwave.
  14. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    My sons car got stolen last week. The police called yesterday, and it has been found and towed to the impound lot. Now we have to tow it somewhere to fix the damage from the theft.

Mu weekend wasn't all that craptacular. I worked 7P to 7A Saaturday and Sunday. They were the fourth and fifth of five consecutive 12-hour night shifts. I do five on, two off, three on, four off. Tomorrow starts the three night run.