Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone else have a hatred for DMB?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Psyrcle, May 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psyrcle

Psyrcle Guest

Why do people listen to a slightly literate hillbilly? What is the draw to that music?

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    It be good and stuff.

3. Marzer

Marzer

Apr 26, 2005
    Hillbilly? He's from South Africa.

I really enjoy his music, he is great at what he does.

4. Psyrcle

Psyrcle Guest

If there wern't a few states dividing us I would slap you. Why? Why is it good?

5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Because it is not bad, what is hard to understand?

6. Why is it good??

Have you not listened to the rythmn section??

troll

7. Psyrcle

Psyrcle Guest

He may be from the savannah but the few songs I heard he sounded like a slightly more intelligent Slingblade. His happy-go-lucky bebop drives me batty.

8. You see there is a very simple sloution here.

If hes on TV or the radio, change the channel. If hes in the CD player, take it out.

Quit wasting space here with gripes.

9. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Why should anyone feel the need to defend them to the likes of you? Your entire first post consists of nothing more than, "I don't like 'em. Justify them to me." I hate to be the one to break it to you, but I doubt anyone feels that you are important enough to warrant any justification.

I mean, if you aren't smart enough to change the channel when they are on, then why would anyone think you are smart enough to understand their reasons?

Why do some people listen to them? Obviously those people like them. What is so difficult to understand?

My question to you--does it hurt to be that much of a bonehead, or is it more of a euphoric rush?
    Sheesh.... :rollno:

10. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    Then ah... don't listen to it.

I'm not a fan, and I don't listen to it. And guess what? Everything is fine. I promise.

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Because music is subjective. I've never enjoyed DMB either but I don't act like a jackass about it.

brad cook

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.