Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone else have a problem keeping their car clean?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Iruleonbass, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Iruleonbass

Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    Hi all, I just go my first car about a month ago, and my parents have been driving it, considering they payed for it and I dont have a full lisence yet. But I just cleaned it out today, and I went back inside it a few minutes ago to think. (Dont ask me why, I just did it) And I noticed the floor is all dirty again. Maybe im OCD, but nothing is ever as clean as I want it to be.

If I am OCD, is there pills I can take.

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I don't keep my car clean but I don't view it as "a problem."

brad cook

3. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    ^^ That could be someone's new sig.....not mine of course. I like mine.

Well, there are steps you can take if you think you have OCD. One cure could be to go roll around in the dirt :confused: I dunno man. I personally think you're so excited about getting a car that it has to be perfect inside and out, becasue it's a new thing for you. Maybe you treat all "new" things this way. When you get your liscense and you've been driving for a few months, trust me, it won't matter anymore. ;)

4. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    Even though I'm a strong believer in using medications to treat real psychiatric disorders, I wouldn't go for therapy quite yet. Give it some time.

5. daofktr

daofktr irritating, yet surly

Feb 15, 2005
    aurora, IN
    i have no prob with cleaning my car....twice a year, whether it needs it or not.
    :D

some folks call it 'trash'. i call it 'ambience'.

6. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    My car's constantly filthy. It transports children, and no matter how hard I try, soda cans (from the adults) and food bits (from the kids) will accumulate. Wierd colored stains appear on the seats and carpets, with no apparent source, and dust seams to appear from nowhere with 12 hours of a thorough cleaning. It stopped driving me nuts after I'd been driving it for a month or so, and the "newness" wore off in my mind.

7. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    If you really think you might be OCD take a screening test and see a therapist. Personality disorders usually start manifesting in the teenage years and can eventually become very serious. OCD sounds amussing, until you've been in inpatient with a girl who has to be restrained because she carved the flesh off part of her hand trying to remove "stains".

http://www.ocfoundation.org/ocf1070a.htm

If you just hate having a dirty car there's not much I can tell you...I have one of the dirtiest cars around. I do find that junkmail, liberally strewn about the cabin, does a marvelous job of preserving carpets. :)

8. Iruleonbass

Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    Maybe Im just a neat freak, I dont care if my my clothing is put away a certain way, I just like my things clean. That just kicked in right now. My room is always clean, im always cleaning my bass, and I guess my car will be the next thing I'll have to clean.

9. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    My wife's car, and it still drives me nuts...whenever she drove my old car, it was the same thing...I'm getting a new car and she's already been told she and the kids won't be in it unsupervised, and there will be no eating allowed!!! :mad:

10. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I have no problems keeping the interior of my car clean. It's the outside that gets dusty quick and, given that it's a dark gray car, a layer of dust is pretty noticeable. But, it's no big deal, I prefer having a clean car, but I don't let it get to me if it's a little dusty.

11. Iruleonbass

Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    Well the outside of my car is gonna get strached and dinged, and I can live with that, I plan on going semi-off roading. Its an explorer, not a hummer, so I can't exactly climb mountains. But through thick grass and corn feilds (owned by my friend) I will drive through.

12. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Maybe you just take better care of your stuff than most people.

Me, I have a black car. Looks good for ten minutes after you wash it, and then it looks dirty as all get out. I hope you don't have a black car.

13. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    My 'vette is very dark green... kinda the same. You can wash it, dry it, and let it sit in the garage overnight, go to drive it, and it has dust on it. Drive down the road a 1/2 mile and it looks like you never washed it...

-Ray

14. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    My car is never clean. It always gets dusty really quick, and the floor mats look disgusting in about 2 days. I've learned to live with it and clean it once a year *lol* :)

15. Iruleonbass

Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    [​IMG]

I dont know if white is better or worse than black.

16. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    IMO, better, cos it's generally harder to see chips/dings in white than the darker colors. The instant-dirt effect seems to be about the same...

-Ray

17. Iruleonbass

Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    I personally love my car, like when we (my parents and I) went to the dealer, we were looking for explorer sport tracks and hundai's. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I was coming home with that. That is like, the car of my dreams. And honeslty if white gets dirty quicker I dont mind washing it becuase it just looks to good in white.

But yeah, im extremely greatful for that. I really want to pay my parents back for some of it, but I need to pay them back for the amp. :ninja: But next summer im giving them alot of money back.