1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone Else Have "Bassplayer Hands"?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by gottawalk, Mar 23, 2006.

1. I found that I can take more lids off jars than most of my buddys can; I equate it to having "bassplayer hands"! Comes from working out on all those big strings!:bassist:

Step aside, Kung-Fu grip!!! Aaargh! That's what I'm talkin' about!!!:D

Who else's got 'em????

2. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I prefer my wifes version.

She said I have Orangutan hands.

3. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    I noticed my teacher (guitar player) has bassier hands than me : (. Then again he has about 40 years on me and is a totally ridiculous guitar player. I think some of the reason why I continue to play bass is that I want bass hands. Theres nothing more awesome than two huge, callused claws of death at the ends of your forearms.

4. fr0me0

fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada
    I have piano hands actually.

5. Try drinking more water...

6. I perfer claws of death.

7. My hands are beastly. I call them the fists of doom.

8. See, I though "bass player hands" had to do with your left fingers being able to stretch farther apart than those of your right hand.

I have about 1 inch extra of stretch. Which freaks people out.:D

Rock on
    Eric

9. As I look now, I have this as well. weird.

10. I started to get this about 6 months after I started playing. If you play a lot, and do a lot of three and four fret reaches, your fingers will stretch faster than, uh, a really stretchy thing.

Man, I had a good analogy, too, but it wasn't "family appropriate."

Rock on
    Eric

11. You don't truly have bass player hands unless you play DB.

...in all seriousness...

Yea, I gots them. Those that know me go to me with their jar opening needs when I'm available. Callouses (sp?) are nice. I can't begin to imagine myself with soft fingertips...

Whoa, my right hand pinky and ring finger are soft though...weird.:ninja: ( I NEVER noticed that!)

12. I guess I don't get as much practice in as I should; my "stretchy" side keeps snapping back to the same size as my non-stretchy side...:meh:

Of course, I used to play piano as a kid. Maybe I should drink more water....

13. i just have longer fingers on my left hand....and calouses on both...although i will say, ive got a grip like none other...massive thumb miscles that some mistake for coming from another activity...

14. I'd believe THAT!

15. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I've got BP hands, from DB and BG. Fingers have little feeling left in them, but they can open anything :)

16. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    This man is right. I thought I had bass player hands before...I know I have them now. I know a guy who plays piano -- he calls them "Hulk hands." Even though he plays classical, he kind of plays in the style of Earl Van Dyke -- "gorilla piano." I swear to god, he can't play an electric piano or keyboard without having it rock back and forth.

17. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    What is this piano hands business?

18. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Long, thing fingers. Usually very strong hands -- also veiny, too.

19. I think there's operations to correct that now...:meh:

20. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    I prefer the term Meat Hooks.