Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone else have GAS for new Lakland Skyline 44-02?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by KB, May 4, 2002.

1. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I've been waiting for lakland to come out with the 4 string skyline line and it looks like they finally have. I now have serious GAS for a 44-02 in sunburst with maple neck (like the one pictured on the lakland site). It claims to be the same pups/electronics as the 4-94. I don't know if they are officially in the stores yet, but they look nice. Does anyone have experience with them? How's the neck profile (J or P like or something in-between?). How's the construction? Let me know your thoughts on this bass. I think I want to sell my modified Carvin LB70 to raise some money for one.

-KB

2. Yo! Good seeing you over on this end too. As you know, I have a 4-94 and the neck is one of the things I really like about it. I believe it's a 1.65" nut width, and it feels sort of like a P-Bass to me but a little thinner. I have a bunch of basses, but have never felt compelled to sell this one just because it works for a lot of different types of music. Anytime I consider getting rid of it, I think to myself "I can use this!" And I really can. I had a 55-01 for a very brief period and liked that too, so I'm sure the 44-02 will be a real blast.

3. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    hi there FC. I knew you had the lakland from LJ :)
    I wonder how close the 44-02 is to the 4-94 in terms of sound and quality?

-KB