anyone else have GAS for new Lakland Skyline 44-02?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by KB, May 4, 2002.

1. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I've been waiting for lakland to come out with the 4 string skyline line and it looks like they finally have. I now have serious GAS for a 44-02 in sunburst with maple neck (like the one pictured on the lakland site). It claims to be the same pups/electronics as the 4-94. I don't know if they are officially in the stores yet, but they look nice. Does anyone have experience with them? How's the neck profile (J or P like or something in-between?). How's the construction? Let me know your thoughts on this bass. I think I want to sell my modified Carvin LB70 to raise some money for one.

-KB

2. Yo! Good seeing you over on this end too. As you know, I have a 4-94 and the neck is one of the things I really like about it. I believe it's a 1.65" nut width, and it feels sort of like a P-Bass to me but a little thinner. I have a bunch of basses, but have never felt compelled to sell this one just because it works for a lot of different types of music. Anytime I consider getting rid of it, I think to myself "I can use this!" And I really can. I had a 55-01 for a very brief period and liked that too, so I'm sure the 44-02 will be a real blast.

3. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    hi there FC. I knew you had the lakland from LJ :)
    I wonder how close the 44-02 is to the 4-94 in terms of sound and quality?

-KB