1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone else have this problem?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by count_funkula, Dec 26, 2002.

1. Does anyone else start wanting to buy a new bass every time you get a new CD? Whatever sound the particular bass player is getting makes me want the same kind of bass. I just bought a Marvin Gaye CD that has me wanting a P-bass.

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    My problem isn't so much wanting a new bass, but wanting new amps. A vintage Ampeg when I listen to the Ramones, anything old and tubey when I listen to Jamerson, more SWRs when I listen to 311, Edens when I hear POD, Marshalls when I listen to Cream...etc.

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Every time I listen to 311 I find myself wanting to play a Warwick SSII through an SWR rig. And when I watch my Chili Peppers live DVD, I am positive that I need a Flea Bass, or a Wal when I listen to Tool, or a P bass when I listen to..............................................you get the point.:D

4. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I received the Standing in the Shadows of Motown soundtrack as a holiday gift and it has me GASing for a P-Bass!