Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone else have this problem?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by count_funkula, Dec 26, 2002.

1. Does anyone else start wanting to buy a new bass every time you get a new CD? Whatever sound the particular bass player is getting makes me want the same kind of bass. I just bought a Marvin Gaye CD that has me wanting a P-bass.

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    My problem isn't so much wanting a new bass, but wanting new amps. A vintage Ampeg when I listen to the Ramones, anything old and tubey when I listen to Jamerson, more SWRs when I listen to 311, Edens when I hear POD, Marshalls when I listen to Cream...etc.

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Every time I listen to 311 I find myself wanting to play a Warwick SSII through an SWR rig. And when I watch my Chili Peppers live DVD, I am positive that I need a Flea Bass, or a Wal when I listen to Tool, or a P bass when I listen to..............................................you get the point.:D

4. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I received the Standing in the Shadows of Motown soundtrack as a holiday gift and it has me GASing for a P-Bass!