1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone else have trouble contacting Markbass USA support?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bthrem, Sep 11, 2008.

1. bthrem

bthrem

Dec 4, 2005
    Cincinnati, OH
    The backlight on the compressor VU meter on my TA501 fades in and out - often going completely goes off.

I called music123.com to report the issue a week ago and they sent an email to Markbass USA support. I have yet to hear back from Makrbass USA support. Anyone else have experience with direclty contacting Markbass USA support?

Thanks,
    Bob

2. PM Peter Murray. There are so few problems with the MB stuff, that there isn't a lot of info on service and support. I know if you bought one within the last year or so, you should just be able to swap it for a new one (pretty cool).

Ashdown had massive issues with the backlit VU meters. That seems like something best left off a small amp that is trundled around IMO.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    It's not Markbass support...it's GC support. You really have to stay on them to get anything done. I had to send my combo back for a minor repair, and they told me that they would have a UPS Store lined up in a day or two for me to take the amp to and would call me. A week later, I called them, and got, "Yeah, um, were just about to call you with this info. It took us a little while longer than expected."

Yeah, right. Markbass is very attentive to customer problems. GC...eh...sometimes they are, sometimes they're not. You have to take it upon yourself to stay on them, though.

4. bthrem

bthrem

Dec 4, 2005
    Cincinnati, OH
    Yes, I had PM'd Peter he is the one who instructed me to call music123.com to file the claim. So, at this point I'm just not sure if it's music123.com dragging their feet or Markbass support. I'm calling music123.com tomorrow and ask to speak to a supervisor if no one calls me by then.

5. bthrem

bthrem

Dec 4, 2005
    Cincinnati, OH
    music123.com finally called this week and said just ship the head back to them and they'll ship me a new one. Even emailed me a pre-paid UPS label. A little long (and several phone calls) to resolve but all should be well in the end.

6. Try not to break this one :D