Anyone else have Winter Fever?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Figjam, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I always get Winter Fever in november. I always pull out my snowboarding gear and see what new stuff i need. I just ordered new bindings and some accessories (new goggles, new board bag).

Anyone like me? :hyper:
  2. Yeah!!!!

For like the last 14 years since I moved to Florida :cool:

I try to get away a couple times a year to Colorodo or Montana.....I'm joansing pretty bad right now. I will be going to Toronto for Xmas....Hopfully I'll get up north .
  3. I am so ready for some really cold weather its not even funny. I would much rather it be cold than warm. Tried snowboarding once, but that really didn't work out well...
  4. Steve

Aug 10, 2001 was a brutal 72 degrees and sunny in Florida today.

Neener, neener, neener....

Ask me again in August when it's 112 in the shade and the humidity is 98% down here.
  5. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    I got winter fever. I've been having dreams of powder lately.
    I already skied one run on october 30th. I also had my bindings switched from my old skis to my new, so I can install telemark bindings on my old ones.
  6. ok so i live in texas, but before i moved here, i would always go snoboarding. i think that it is best waste of time there is, and you even get to get some pretty kool bruises in the process!! although i never actuall owned a board, there was nothing like grabbing a hoodie, a walkman, and the ski patrole for going too fast!!! snowboarding is awesome and i would love to go back to colorado to do it a lot more, but here i am, stuck in texas, without snow, and it is so freakin hott here a slowboarder woulg die. can you here me screaming? IMM MELTING...
  7. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I don't snowboard, but I still love winter. It's my favorite season. The days are getting shorter, the mornings are getting colder. Aw yeah. :cool:
  8. The biggest kick in the pants is, I still get all my cold weather gear and clothing cataloges!!! Patagonia, Moosejaw, LL Bean etc. I just drool over all the new fleecy thingies.

The funniest part is, I've got a closet full of old out of style winter clothes that my wife just goofs on me for pulling out when ever the temp drops below 60 down here. (about 5 days a year.) So I look like a dork, I'm wearing layers!!!
  9. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    High today expected to be 78 degrees.....

I :spit: Heat
  10. westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong
    We're still using the air conditioner ... it's hot! We're going to Silver Star Canada in January, though, to get a change of weather. Can't wait to get out on skis :hyper:

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I am not looking foward to another North East Winter. :bawl:
  12. Silver Star is pretty cool, though I was there about 8 years ago. We arrived later than expeceted, so we decided not to get a room for that night. Sleeping in the tiny backseat of a Jeep in a parking lot ain't fun! Being young and broke does not have it's privledges! (sp?)

With a new son I don't know how much I'll get out this year, but I keep trying to get a snowboarding/ski day arranged here at work. There's nothing better than somebody else buying my lift ticket in the middle of the week!
  13. Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    I think you guys need to be in the nuthouse.
  14. Thank you!

What I wouldn't give to be in Puerto Rico right now... or at very least, have that weather and breeze in NY...
  15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    For sure dude. All of the major ski resorts around here opened last Friday. We're going up this Friday for the first time. We pulled out all of our gear, waxed up our boards, and got everything ready. It is all loaded up in roof rack ready to go!!! I can't wait.

16. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    +1. Although I don't mind the change in seasons to sweater weather, round about late February I'm getting a little tired of the cold. Forget winter sports , by then I'm looking forward to my summer sport.

17. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Seeing as I broke my collarbone last winter and my shin two winters ago, no i'm not looking forward to winter at all.
  18. I'm going skiing in Feb. Will be fun, but not as fun as could be. It's a bit late in the year and it's with the school. I'd love to get out to some real hills now though.. :)
  19. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Hohoho, we only have Summer and Tourist - what is this 'Winter' that you speak of?
  20. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I prefer cooler weather to warm weather. I'll take snow over sweat anyday...