Anyone else having fun this holiday season?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eric Cameron, Dec 21, 2002.

1. Ahh, yes, for those of us in the retail/customer service business, are we having fun yet?

Sorry, this is kind of a vent, fortunatley not directed at anyone. Just the exceptionally ignorant or dumb people I get at work.

Now I know that the average parent doesn't know a bass from a Largemouth, but you DO think that a parent can ASK what it is that little Johnny wants for Christmas, right? I get this about 3 times a day;

Customer: Uh, yeah, my son plays bass, and I need to get him a few things for Christmas.

Me: Alright, what do you think he needs.

Customer: Uh, I really don't know.

Me: Well, does he need a tuner?

Customer: I'm not sure.

Me: Strings? Picks? Strap? (I usually bunch those together, being how cheap they are)

Customer: I dunno.

Me: A stand, maybe?

Customer: I don't know. I wish you could be a little more helpful.

It takes a lot of effort to not snap at these people. I realise that they are probably tired, and definetley need to get out of the crowded and loud stores but could they at least make some sort of effort into finding out what their son/daughter needs?

Whew. Rant over. It was just a VERY long day today, round about 12 hours. And I had over 110 transactions all told. I need a nap.

Rock on
  2. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    If you get comission, give them the most expensive set of stings you have, tell them it's all you have, you use them, endorse them, and recommend them :)
  3. Don't work like that. We're non-commission. And even then, we sell Elixir bass strings VERY rarely. And only to 5 people that I know of. (One of which is buying a Pedulla T-bolt 5 string from me!!:D)

Rock on
  4. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Dang.. I bet it'd be nice to get commission on the pedulla :eek:

Too bad about that non-commission thing...
  5. Yeah, especially for $2500.:eek:

Rock on
  6. *little girly annoying attitude*
    did you punch him? huh? huh? huh? did yah? did yah punch him? huh??? you should have punched him! yeah! did yah? huh???

okay i'm done.
  7. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I'm rehearsing a few extra times a week. I can "over-Post" here at TalkBass, and I take my kids places and watch them have fun!