1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone else here deal with acidic body chemistry?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by scorpionldr, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Lately I've been trying to lose weight more increasingly. I know most people here have their gym routines and special diets such as juicing. But I was reading a book (I think the title was "Learn to Change Your Metabolism") that was discussing the dieting routines we partake in are mostly temporary in their ability because of cravings that both influence and backlash against us (because we turn to ravenous behavior when we finally get our chance to indulge). The supposed "cure" to this is increasing our intake of white potatoes which supposedly cancels out acids in our stomach, therefore reducing and potentially eliminating hunger.

My issue I think will be that despite this information, I've been pretty acidic for at least over five years. The results have shown up in dentist appointments, physicals, my skin (I have acute psoriasis), etc.

Anyone deal with this/have tips? Would taking acid reducer tablets on a regular basis assist with bringing down acid levels or put me at additional risk?