Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone else here have a Duck Dunn Signature model?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mark Jacobs, Dec 22, 2000.

1. Mark Jacobs

Mark Jacobs

Dec 16, 2000
    I've got a Fender Duck Dunn P-bass. You know, the '57 RI with a gold anodized pickguard? There was a short numbered run of 500 of them and I wondered who here had one. Smooth as silk played through my SWR Workingman's 12.

Mark

2. I don't have one, I just think it's funny that even though Fender has a Duck Dunn Sig bass, Duck prefers to play his Lakland Bob Glaub sig bass.

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    C'mon, Herm. It's probably true, but how long has Dan been making Glaubs?

4. Mark Jacobs

Mark Jacobs

Dec 16, 2000
    For that matter Steve Cropper no longer plays a Telecaster.

5. Heh, not long. We made the first prototypes late last winter. When Dan sent one to Duck, he called and raved about it. That was during the C,S,N & Y tour.
    Last time I checked he had two.

I think he backed out of the Fender endorse - That's probably why they didn't make that many. I don't know, they're probably fine instruments, I personally have never played one.

6. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Duck is playing what appears to be his '58 on the just-released Neil Young DVD, "Red Rocks Live." The one with the duck sticker on the guard, I thinks it's the same Precision he's had for years. No sign of the Lakland on this particular show. Don't know about the whole tour but this was shot during 2000. Pretty recent, I think.

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I downloaded a clip of Dunn playing with Young off the Lakland site, and he's playing the Lakland on it (surprise, surprise).

8. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Yeah, I saw Duck playing the Lakland on SNL with Neil earlier this year. That's why I was surprised to see him back with the '58 Precision on the Red Rocks show.

I want one of those Glaub Laklands! By all evidence, a truly great bass.

9. ocnyup

ocnyup

Feb 21, 2006
    I'd love one of those Duck Fenders. I've been looking into the 50's-era modeled p-basses anyway.