Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone else here use regular guitar effects?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Eric Cameron, Jul 10, 2001.

1. Besides bass distortion, I use a bunch of fun stuff that is designed for guitars. My effects list now includes:

DOD Grunge
    DOD Delay
    Snarling Dogs Whine-O Wah
    Boss Metal Distortion
    Ibanez Smash Box
    Boss Flange

I know that those are primarily guitar effects, but I like using 'em, it gives a unique tone to my bass. Anyone else do something along these lines?

Rock on
    Eric

2. My effects are (in chain order)

Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
    Boss ODB-3 Bass Overdrive
    Boss BF-2 Flanger

and my Dunlop wah is busted. When I step on it I just get a high-pitched noise that sounds like wind. I dont know what this could be caused by? Any help?

3. Nails

Nails

Jun 4, 2000
    Austin, Tejas
    I use a Danelctro delay unit (the Dan-Echo), I don't use it alot but when used with my ODB-3 and MXR Phase 90 (another guitar effect) all running together it gets crazy. Crazy in a good way that is.

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    BOSS OC-2 Octaver

BOSS BF-2 Flanger

Danelectro Cool Cat Stereo Chorus

5. In no order
    DOD Distortion
    DOD Digetle Deley
    Big Jam Chorus
    A-JAX Wa-Wa
    Boss enacher
    Boss Compresser
    Arion Flanger

All of this are my cousin's pedel's in which my aunt thought it would be best to give them to me. All though he tryed to wire them all to one main power souce put just didn't have enough skills to hook them up so most of them don't have a power souce.

6. I got my Boss Flanger, and I'm think of getting a phaser, a bass wah, a moog taurus synth, and some sort of overdrive/distortion. Any suggestions?

7. I was wondering if it really makes a difference to use "guitar" pedals with my bass. will they work but just not as well? or no difference. what would be the first effects pedal that i should buy?

8. Most guitar pedals work fine, but you lose the low end. Its not as...low.