Anyone else into Candiria?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by vegaas, Dec 22, 2004.

1. vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    I just found out about Candira. Man, I love this stuff, I have "The Coma Imprint" and "300% Density".

If you are not familar, they do something that I have always wanted to do. They are a metal band that plays alot of jazz in their songs. I dont mean riffs that sound like they were influenced by jazz, I am talking about full blown jazz. It is fantastic!
    They have touches of funk, r&b and rab in their songs as well.

They receive the Vegaas seal of approval, if for nothing else, playing something different and unique.

So any other fans out there?
  2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Yes. I generally dig everything they've done except their latest, which I found to be rather weak. Brendan would probably pop in here and say the same if he wasn't busy moving to Florida.
  3. I really liked 300% Density, and there are some songs on their new cd that are good, and the rest are for the most part listenable(granted it's not how I think of Candiria)

I really need to pick up COMA, but everytime I go into a record store and see it, the $20 price tag always turns me away.
  4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Candira? Isn't that the female affliction that is controlled by running your panties through the microwave?
  5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I like them. Even the new one, though not quite as much as the older ones.
  6. BlasphemyArise

Jul 15, 2004
    I seen em live when they played with God Forbid, Lamb of God and Six Feet Under. I htought they sucked big time, their show was horrible.
  7. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I got 300% Density last week. I need a few more listens to gauge it. I like it in spots, but not so much in others.